Antique Hardware

I am refinishing an old tool chest that had a brass latch and key. Any ideas on where I can look for a replacement? Failing that, any suggestions for cleaning up the old one? Thanks

Reply to
Daniel Palmer

Cleaning is no biggie -- accomplished with NOXON, or BRASSO, and judicious amounts of elbow grease in combination with tincture of time.

a google (or froogle --

search for 'antique brass chest hardware' should provide some vendor sources.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Brasso is a winner followed by a couple of coats of spray lacquer.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Vandykes.com ?

Reply to
Leon

There are a lot of sites that offer reproduction brasses and hardware:

Reply to
philski