Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:a3745215-49e1-4788-8a73- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

True, but terroreign's post is current, and it seemed information he might find helpful, given his line of work.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

replying to Bill, Belinda Moore wrote: For the past three months, end of August to December 2016 comcast's transformer box is making a loud squell sound that is unbearable at night. It seems that the system trips and short circuits all night as you try to sleep. I have asked the power company to remove the box. I don't even have comcast anymore, so I feel I'm being intruded upon. If I have to get a lawyer to have this noise stopped outside my home I will. I am sleep deprived and comcast is only concerned with their boxes. No wonder they are losing customers.

Reply to
Belinda Moore

I doubt the power company will touch the box. If it's Comcast's box, call Comcast.

When they replaced the utility poles in my neighborhood, each entity moved their own equipment & wires from the old poles to the new ones, starting at the top. Power first, then phone, then cable.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

replying to Josepi, drgary911 wrote: Contractors are why I came up with the saying "If I want something 'screwed up', I'll do it myself for free." Screwed up being everything from completely f'd up to done wrong to just done the easy way (eg. No Craftsmanship).

Reply to
drgary911

It's a good thing that the internet has a lot of bandwidth lying around doing nothing.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Great story

Reply to