Answer to an old question: "ALPHA" Box on a utility pole

Page 2 of 2

True, but terroreign's post is current, and it seemed information he might find helpful, given his line of work.
John
replying to Bill, Belinda Moore wrote: For the past three months, end of August to December 2016 comcast's transformer box is making a loud squell sound that is unbearable at night. It seems that the system trips and short circuits all night as you try to sleep. I have asked the power company to remove the box. I don't even have comcast anymore, so I feel I'm being intruded upon. If I have to get a lawyer to have this noise stopped outside my home I will. I am sleep deprived and comcast is only concerned with their boxes. No wonder they are losing customers.
On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 7:44:03 AM UTC-5, Belinda Moore wrote:

I doubt the power company will touch the box. If it's Comcast's box, call Comcast.
When they replaced the utility poles in my neighborhood, each entity moved their own equipment & wires from the old poles to the new ones, starting at the top. Power first, then phone, then cable.