another newbie question

This is something that baffles me no matter which way I think about it. I am making a cabinet using 4/4 s4s it measures 13/16" is this 1" pine or 3/4" (which incidentally is what my pattern calls for.)

TIA

Sandie

Reply to
Sandie C

Sandie C asks:

Adjust for any size differences in the plans. It is 4/4 (1") stock that has been planed to thickness, but left 1/16" fat.

Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun

Reply to
Charlie Self

it'll be 3/4 just as soon as you run it through your surface planer. 4/4 is 13/16 actual.

dave

Sandie C wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave
13/16 was/(is?) the hardwood standard for 4/4. 3/4 is the softwood standard. Remember to adjust for difference from the plans where necessary.
Reply to
George