Another Gig of Ram

I had this problem with screen redraws in AutoDesk Inventor.

Called them up and asked them, why.

They asked me how much RAM I had.

I said, 512.

They laughed at me.

Now I have 1.25 G.

The screen is pretty perky.

But the Wreck still looks the same.

Should I complain?

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Everyone else does. ;-) SH - the "still stuck with 512mb" woodworker

Reply to
Slowhand

Hi Tom,

RAM problem taking your mind off the Eagles (sigh...)??

Lou

(with 448 MB RAM, a Mac, and no Auto-Cad)

Reply to
loutent

This is the wreck, where we howl at the wind.

Reply to
Bob Schmall

It seems like yesterday But it was long ago Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights There in the darkness with the radio playlng low And the secrets that we shared The mountains that we moved Caught like a wildfire out of control Till there was nothing left to burn and nothing left to prove

And I remember what she said to me How she swore that it never would end I remember how she held me oh so tight Wish I didn?t know now what I didn?t know then

Against the wind We were runnin? against the wind We were young and strong, we were runnin? Against the wind

And the years rolled slowly past And I found myself alone Surrounded bv stranners I thought were my friends I found myself further and further from my home And I guess I lost my way There were oh so many roads I was living to run and running to live Never worried about paying or even how much I owed Moving eight miles a minute for months at a time Breaking all of the rules that would bend I began to find myself searchin? Searching for shelter again and again Against the wind A little something against the wind I found myself seeking shelter against the wind

Well those drifters days are past me now I?ve got so much more to think about Deadlines and commitments What to leave in, what to leave out

Against the wind I?m still runnin? against the wind Well I?m older now and still Against the wind

r.s.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:42:20 -0500, the inscrutable Tom Watson spake:

He was probably asking about video ram, sir. My new vid card made a marked difference in screen speed before I added the extra 256k of RAM to the mobo.

No, just slip on those rose-colored glasses and we'll look peachy, Tawm.

- They who know the truth are not equal to those who love it. -Confucius ---

Comprehensive Website Programming Services

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oh yeah for sure. We should all be a lot prettier to you now.

And skinny.

And full heads of hair.

And all out 'chines should be shiney.

Try your refresh again.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100
[yes, I snipped a large section of a great song]

Eagles singing back-up for Seeger...I always thought that was special.

Reply to
Robatoy

...as they did on Fire Lake..another slice of superb harmony.

and it's Seger..not Seeger... we'll blame the keyboard.

I sometimes see his boat around here.

Reply to
Robatoy

And our plaid shirts neatly pressed.

Autodesk SW is a hog, always has been, good thing RAM is cheap...

TWS

Reply to
TWS

Have you seen any software more basic (and cheaper) than Inventor that allows parts to be animated -- e.g., showing a stapler open and staples drop in? For me, precise dimensions are not critical, and I'm certainly not doing output for CAM. So, for example, I could design a cabinet and show the doors opening, not simply opened. TIA . -- Igor

Reply to
igor

De Gustibus Non Disputandum Est. Hope I spelled tha right

-- tomeshew

Reply to
tomeshew

Tom Watson wrote: snippage...

Have you ever noticed in the song Night Moves when Seger (Seeger/Seegar/Cigar) is singing the line, "Just don't seem to have as much to lose", on the word "have" it sounds like he's got a loogie (sp?) lodged in the back of his throat and the word just sits there and warbles?

I can't listen to the song anymore without anticipating it.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I already look peachy. Peaches are squishy, fuzzy and round, right? QED.

Reply to
Silvan

Reply to
Kevin

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 04:02:35 GMT, the inscrutable Kevin spake:

Hey, howzbout a picture of Harley's Woodlot when you get a chance?

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques