Another frame question

Last one asked about one that dropped and frame came apart. He used splines in the joints. Question I have is the spline better to use on say 2"X4/4 wide frame about 30X20, or biscuit. or drill two holes with 3/8 fosner bit use 1

1/4 and a 2" screw then plug the holes. Also corner miter is glue also. I have been useing this on padauk and bloodwood frames. Total weight of the stain glass and frame may be 23-25#. Thank you all for your info, and have a happy and SAFE NEW YEAR.
Reply to
O D