Alternative to low-friction tape on a dovetail guide?

David Barron uses low-friction tape on the side of his dovetail guide. I wonder if anyone has ideas that might work just as well -- I was thinking a coat of poly or something. I made one of these guides and and now seek guidance. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Michael

Sorry. Here's the link:

Michael

Teflon or HDPE would probably work, but those would wear against the saw. Probably your best bet is Delrin (acetal plastic) sheet; our local suppliers have 1/4" sheets available, you can drill a few pockets for the magnets and just countersink some flat-head screws to hold it to the jig.

Tap Plastics wells a 4x4" sample sheet for a couple of bucks.

Reply to
whit3rd

I will definitely check it out. Much appreciated.

Reply to
Michael

How about rubbing the area with paraffin wax?

Reply to
G. Ross

I wonder if anyone has ideas that might work just as well -- I was thinking a coat of poly or something. I made one of these guides and and now seek g uidance. Any thoughts?

Thanks. I thought about some kind of lubrication, but I think I'm going to try to avoid that for now because I want clean wood in the pins and tails f or gluing.

Reply to
Michael