Aftermarket blade guard - I can STILL count to Ten

Folks -

See my prior post about my TS incident.... I have a General 350 with a 50" Bies. I am looking at aftermarket blade shrouds and would like some feedback.

The Excalibur unit looks nice but I have a horizontal and regular router table set up for the right side of the tablesaw, and don't want to have an overhead guard interfere...

I was also looking at the HTC brett guard that comes in on the left side, and that may work. Can it be easily removed for cutting wide sheet goods? I would very much be interested in what's good and what works as well as what doesn't. I am primarily interested in a blade cover. I have an aftermarket splitter, board buddies and dust collection that work okay...

Thanks in advance!

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Mon, Jun 28, 2004, 2:21am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@splinter.sbcglobal.net (John=A0Moorhead) posts: would like some feedback.

Google. Overhead blade guard. Free plans out there. Make your own.

JOAT That the peope have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the state.

- Pennsylvania Constitution of 1776

Reply to
J T

This is a good article on most of the better guards:

understand you not wanting a overhead, but I would say this, the Biesemeyer overhead guard is superior to anything else I looked at. I managed to find one for a excellent price and DO NOT regret making the purchse.

I believe you could use the Biesemeyer and still use the router table function.

The article also "likes" the Delta guard which is much less money.

John Moorhead wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber