Accusquare Fence

I've been debating buying a new saw to replace my 20+ year old Craftsman tablesaw. I did my research and picked out a few models I was interested in. But, I had a hard time spending money on a new saw when my old saw was working fine.

My saw is probably worth less than $100 on today's market. Small aluminum table, 13 Amp motor, direct drive, maximum 2.5" depth of cut, and a really bad fence. But, it has been very reliable and rugged despite a bad power switch and my abusing it dragging it out into the yard and whatnot. On the positive side it has an induction motor, left tilt arbor, is small enough to store, and light enough to move around the garage easily.

In any case, after replacing the power switch and a lot of debating, I sprung for a Mule Accusquare fence (Their smallest model 825). It cost me about $180, and is clearly worth more than the saw. But, it was still a third the cost of a new low end table saw.

It took me about 2-3 hours to remove the old fence, install the new one, and get everything tuned up. The fence arrived with a broken plastic "cursor", but Mule sent me TWO replacements free of charge.

I've been using the new accusquare fence about a month now, and I have to say I am very pleased with it. It's quick and easy to set, stay's aligned, and is accurate. I can actually set the fence using the built-in ruler instead of having to measure from the blade to fence for every cut. It's amazing how the simple addition of a new fence has transformed my little table saw.

So, I'll keep using my old Craftsman saw till the motor finally dies. Then I might spring for a new saw. On the other hand, a replacement motor is only $200... Hmm... :)

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

I have had an Accusquare fence for a couple of years now, and echo your experience. Great fence, easy setup, reliable and less expense than most.

I am so happy with it, I went ahead and bought the router table insert they sell, got it last week, took me about half an hour to install it and run my first board thru it! WOW was I impressed, and still am!

You will be happy with your purchase, I am confident of it.

Mark

Reply to
Markndawoods

Me too, it's the best and cheapest investment I have ever make! I should have bought the router table instead of making it myself.

Reply to
WD

When I was in the market to replace a Grizzly tube-style fence (on a Rockwell contractor's saw), the folks here pointed me in the direction of Mule Cabinetmaker's Accusquare, and I'm glad they did.

I got the medium-long rail setup. It was about $100 less than comparable fences with no loss in function. It's right on the money with repeatable settings as good as anything I am able to measure (who needs microadjust?), and their customer service is tops, quickly answering any questions I had.

I too got their router table. Simple, clever design. I recommend it.

Reply to
Wolf Lahti

Last year I decided to get the Accusquare Router table for my Jet Supersaw. The thickness of the framing extrusions for Router table had to be cut down to a smaller size. The supplier (MuleCab) cut the extrusions to the height required for my measurements and sent me a whole new table with instructions to send back the original one at my convenience. Great customer service. My only additional cost was the UPS to return the original table.

Reply to
Dustmaker