ABPW

I have requested that ABPW be added to the available groups on news.eternal-september.org. If enough of us do this maybe they will add it and we can all benefit.

Artemus

From the first line of their web site's home page:

" news.eternal-september.org is a private project providing free access to text-only Usenet News."

Good luck!

Reply to
Nova

: From the first line of their web site's home page: : : " news.eternal-september.org is a private project providing free access : to text-only Usenet News." : : Good luck! : : -- : Jack Novak

They carry the following binaries(maybe more): alt.binaries.schematics.electronic alt.binaries.pictures.orchids alt.binaries.pictures.motorcycles.harley alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

I figure these are low usage, as ABPW would be, so there is a chance that they would accommodate requests for ABPW. We'll never know unless we try. Art

Reply to
Artemus

Well you can add my name to this list and the request!! Emailed them just now, thanks for the link.

Reply to
evodawg

As mentioned often I paid astraweb $10 in June of 2008 for 25 GB of downloading. Thus far I have used less than 1GB.

Posted thru astraweb

Reply to
Han

RE: Subject

Think Astraweb.

$25 got me a 50 year supply.

Even $10 will get you a 20 year supply.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yep!! Astraweb is great. And with newstap on my iPhone I get all the functionality of a real newsreader, including automagic yEnc!!

Reply to
Han

They also carry alt.binaries.photos.original, however they strip any picture larger than 512k. Thats a pretty small size and very, very few pictures get posted.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Again $10 will get you almost infinite access to astraweb with the small usage of binaries that you and I have...

Reply to
Han

And even cheaper, Teranews offers unlimited access for a one time fee of $3.95. Download speed is capped, but for simple access and posting of reasonably sized images, you can't go too far wrong for such a small amount of money.

upscale

I've been thinking of doing this but for now it's just too much bother. ABPW had few pictures when it was free for the world, it couldn't have picked up any with deliberate effort required to see it...Alt.Binary.Photo.Original was always really busy though, and I think they remain busy, since it is hard core photographers in a photograph newsgroup.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Now read that sentence out loud to yourself.... and TRY to understand why it is funny. . . .btw.. what does that have to do with woodworking?

Reply to
Robatoy

It sounds better than hard core politicians in a woodworking group. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth