A TiBone for Tremonts. Sacrilege!

There's a chance I may be driving a large number of large Tremont square cut nails and I'm considering a new hammer. I don't want to use a waffle head and the smooth 20-ouncer I somehow came into is balanced like a peevey. If I spring for a Stiletto TiBone can I be guaranteed that I won't bend a nail?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

no... nail bending happens when you hit the thang rong..

Reply to
Phil Scott

Nope, but if they bend it's operator error !! I have used a lot of Tremonts and the bend percentage would be less than ordinary nails, but I guess I'm more careful with them. I use a Rigid 18 oz "Superhammer" that was on sale at the Borg. Takes a bit of getting used to, but it is good.

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Nope. However, I sprang for a "Death Stick" titanium framer. It was too light. I found it was more work than my trusty Stanley FatMax.

Dave

Teamcasa