Subject Author Posted Replies

Hall Bench Question
I am in the process of making an oak bench shown at the link below. How would you attach the 3/4" oak plywood floor? The top of the floor needs to be flush with the top of the front bottom rail. There...
7
7

Festool DOMINO Affecting Leigh FMT Price?
Been going thru the Highland Hardware catalogue that came today. On page 65 I see that the Leigh FMT jig price has been cut from $799 to $599 - about a 25% price reduction (assuming that it was, in...
6
6

Finish Recommendation
I am looking at getting some unfinished oak kitchen cabinets. I do not want to stain them, just spray some finish on them with a HVLP sprayer. What would you recommend? Mike D.
2
2

Review - Wasp Sanding Attachment for Drill Presses - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest review up. Wasp Sander for Drill Presses. Nifty device for various sanding tasks. it helps! A quality belt sanding attachment for your drill press. The WASP SANDER is ideal for wood, metal and...

FIY FWW 14" BS review
In the last couple of years, tool makers have rolled out a new breed of 14-in. bandsaw. Unlike their predecessors, these new models are made for heavy-duty use, with more power and resaw capacity,...

Rockwell Lathe Model No. 46-111
Anyone have a manual for a Rockwell Lathe S/N JD8368 Model No. 46-111. A PDF file would be great. Thanks in advance !!! Email me at
4
4

Best Glue
For outdoor projects like yours I always go with resorcinol. That's one glue that seems simply not affected by conditions once it has set. -P.
20
20

Interesting - For Leon RE: RIKON 14" Bandsaw Blade Guides
Was paging through a woodworking catalog the other night and I noticed round ceramic replacement bearings for bearing-based guides. Wonder if these would have alleviated your issues with pitch...
1
1

more lacquer (spraying) questions
Seems I can get it right only by accident. And, since I'm at a point where it needs to be perfect (doors, etc.), I'm ba-ack (here asking questions). Using HVLP system and a solvent based product...
11
11

What is it? CXCV
Set 195 has just been posted: don't send any email to the account that I use to post here on the newsgroups, for some reason it doesn't receive any incoming mail, instead use the gmail account on my...
34
34

GIZZIE
I'm not very certain I'd like to make one of these and then give it to a kid The sun shining thru looks like it's looking for something to set on fire. Personally, I think I'd either pass on this one;...

PUKEY DUCK
Ah, a quality project worthy of the highest skilled woodworker. Just imagine one of these, about 4 feet tall, fastened to the front bumper of your vehicle, and goind down the road at about 50 MPH....
1
1

TOY RUBER BAND GUN AND TQARGET
Oooo, fancy. When I was a kid we used rubber bands cut from innertubes, and the gun was a rectangular block of wood, with a couple of rubber bands holding a clothes pin at the back, with a galvanized...
1
1

Saw blades
Also crossposted to Installing Hardie Plank siding. (Fiber cement combination) Manufacture states that I should use a special blade. Went to Home Depot, and yes, they make a special blade. It is...
12
12

CUBE IN A CUBE
is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.americanwoodworker.com/JOATWhat