Subject Author Posted Replies

Opinions on this old bandsaw
Woodworker's 15" BandSaw - $75 'n I don't have a bandsaw (yet), do you think it would be worth it to take a look at this one? What should I look for in something that is this old? By the picture, it...
11
11

Forstner Bits
Sorry to clog up the site with another "which is the best XX to buy" request but I did a google search along with a look at Fine Woodworking Online and couldn't find and reviews of forstner bits. I am...
15
15

Best wood for splines?
--I'm planning to attach some pieces via splines, as biscuits would be a real pain in this application. Sooo what wood will work best as the spline material?
13
13

Chinese particleboard is bad stuff, boys
Speeking of the Chinese.... yew no I just did some research on building = cabinets and see that most all std cabinets are at least partly made of = particleboard. =20 Well, scents I know that some...
24
24

Speed control on the 398 and 400 Dremel models
Hi all, my Dremel 398, like all Dremel 398's I guess, has what I'd define a lousy speed control: if e.g. I set the speed to 5000 rpm, and then put some strain on it, it's not capable of keeping the...

INSPIRATION - Trappist Caskets - Monk Made
Still discarding saved files, and found this one. Not sure why I was saving it, 'cause once I'm gone I've told 'em to cremate me, and for that they can put me in an old refrigerator box for all I...
1
1

Woodworking
Get your Space at Pishnut Space.. GET YOUR PROFILE.....start a Woodworking Group or just join a group...Brand New... Groups, clubs, blogs and much, much more and all for free!! Send free ecards to...

Can anyone help ID this axe or adze
bought this at a garage sale as a present to my son. I already have a perfect Russian made carpenting axe, but this one seemed like it was made for actually using it, was in a good shape and the price...
10
10

re-boring a 10mm saw blade arbor to 1/2"
My little 5 1/2 Skill saw ( 1/2" arbor) is in need of a 24+ tooth blade with 1/2" or 5/8" arbor to cut plywood. I used to be able to get them from several sources. Now only Amazon advertises a Freud 5...
4
4

Outfeed Rollers for Sawstop
Any Sawstop owners installed outfeed rollers on their saw? I'm wondering who has made a set that fits around or above the dust port.

Hey JT! Single Shot Actions - Their Design And Construction, on eBay now
5
5

Broken Jorgensen Cabinet Master clamps
This past week I must have had temporary super powers and broke the aluminum clamping mechanism in two of my Jorgy Cab Master bar clamps. I've had them for several years without any problems but...
6
6

nail gun fun?
?cnn=yes
6
6

INSPIRATION (?) - Toilet Paper Holder
Nope. I could see it in the kitchen, as a paper towel holder. No prob. But in the library, looking at me? No way. Unless I had problems with dire-rear that is, and wanted to slow it up a bit, that I...

FS new & used router bits
I have some router bits as follows: NEW ones are $4/ea. Bosch 85100 1/2 straight bit, 2 flutes, hs steel Bosch 85121 1/2 rounding over bit, 2 flutes, hs steel USED (VG Cond) ones are $2/ea. Bosch...