Subject Author Posted Replies

Question: which saw for a billiard rail liner cut to a different angle?
Help! Which type of saw would you recommend if I want to make a straight presision (10 ft long, 1" 1/8 deep approx) cut along a 10 ft wood (billiard rail, poplar, 2" x 6" x 10' approx) piece at a 102...
1
1

Tung Oil as a Concrete Finish?
I've used boiled linseed oil on a concrete floor...pretty spendy, really, but it was a great looking floor for at least 20 years. If I rememeber correctly, it was three coats...first was 2/3 solvent...
1
1

somewhat off topic; craig's list responses (may to long and boring for most of you)
Hey All, I started posting some used equipment on Craig's List (and please, this is not an attempt to get you to see the ads- I'm not that clever) and most of the responses I got are from folks that I...
8
8

Refinishing vs Refurbishing
Hope I am not beginning to sound like a flatulent senior citizen (that's an old fart for those in Loma Linda). I have started to do some rather small wood projects and of course, do need some basic...
5
5

What is it? CCVI
Set number 206 has just been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
18
18

Wounded Warriors
This is our on-going Eagle Head Cane project for the returning Wounded Warriors back from Iraq and Afghanistan. George http://community-4.webtv.net/roc_pox/CAPITOLCARVERSEAGLE/
9
9

The good ol days...of October. (RANT)
OK, I just finished fighting with Delta/Porter Cable/DeWalt/B&D/etc.'s useless website. They changed the servicenet a few weeks ago, and I've noticed the following since then: 1) You cannot login...
11
11

Replaceable Insert Throat Plate
I made one of these over the weekend--the culmination of an itch of many years since I first saw Norm use one. I also wrote an article about it which is post at WoodCentral, my internet (non-usenet)...
2
2

Just Three
If you were to build a garage shop, what would be the three (3) shop tools - like table saws, etc. - that you would absolutely need to have (not including hand tools, manual or electric)? I need to...
46
46

WOOD
I am looking to buy a few 16 inch or wider 10 feet long 3/4 thick pine boards. If any body knows where I can get them please let me know. Thanks
4
4

Cedar substitute
I recently made a small cedar box and finished it with an amber spar varnish. I am blown away (in a good sense) by the grain/color but troubled by the wood's softness and tendency to split. The box...
6
6

sheet goods software
Has anyone used software to help get the most out a sheet of plywood? I can kind of do this with using the "colorforms" method. Rather try with software. Thanks
23
23

German hammer juggler
das ist gut yah ?
8
8

INSPIRATION - Flywheel Treadle Lathe
whole of life is a learning process. - John Keel http://www.bloodandsawdust.com/sca/lathes2.htmlJOATThe
1
1

Finish recommendations?
I'm starting some built in cabinet/bookshelves and mantle from some really outstanding curly quartersawn white oak I've had in the shop for a few years. I'd like to have a finish dark enough to work...
7
7