Subject Author Posted Replies

how to mount timber mantel
I'm thinking about making a rustic timber fireplace mantel, and mounting it to my stone fireplace wall. I've seen a number of examples of this type of idea on the web, but no good articles that...
3
3

INSPIRATION - Easel
I'm not even looking for anything remotely related to wood, or woodworking. JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to. http://www.puntagordalife.com/10easel.htm
1
1

Unisaw Rip Fence
I just listed a rip fence, rails and hardware on ebay for anyone interested. It was replaced in working order with a Biesemeyer fence. Just a note and not intended as spam. Kenneth

Kerosene Heater in the Garage
My garage is not airtight, and now that the weather has dropped, it's too cold to woodwork without heat. I'm looking at a kerosene heater. I don't think ventilation is a problem since I can feel a...
23
23

Theatre Stage Flats
Hi. I am a woodworker helping out an amature theatre group in making stock scenery for their upcoming plays. They basically require a number of 1/4" plywood covered 12'X4' frames made of 1"X3" pine....
11
11

Freedom Is Not Free Wooden Nickels
Neat. JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to. http://www.wooden-nickel.com/freedom/

Hardening Soft Pine
Hi, I am building a table/kitchen island out of soft pine. Is there anything I can do to make the surface harder? I plan on using a sealer/stain and several coats of poly. But that might not add...
9
9

How do you clean a cloth backed strip of sand paper?
I have a 22/44 drum sander and I typically use a rubber stick for cleaning sandpaper but,,,, some times it does not get it all and leaves the smooth paint-like build up. I was sanding Bocote today and...
17
17

O/T free stuff
As of Sat. around 7-8 at night I will have available some wonderful white snow. We are expecting 6-9 inches. I will be glad to package it ,all you need to do is pay the freight. I'm sure many of you...
12
12

OT? how to buy furniture
So SWMBO wants to buy some furniture. I got out of going to the first trip to the furniture stores so she could 'look around'. I would rather sit in Laurence Olivier's chair without novacaine than...
4
4

Ping - JT
I contacted the bulldozer builder last night. He's looking for his pictures and plans. I know he'll send me whatever he finds and I can then send them on to you. I would like to take this offline. Can...
1
1

Cheap alternative to Krazy Glue
I'm making multiple small items and would need hundreds of clamps (literally) to hold everything in place while the glue sets. I tried Titebond II (I need some water repelency) but the set time was...
28
28

Look Is On For Pattern Designing Software
We Are Handloom And Fabric Manufacturing Company. We Are Looking For A Software Which Can Provide Us Pattern Designing, Color Combination And Its Effects, Weaving And Provides Other Designing Ideas...

I'm Impressed - I Think
I don't really know what to say about this one. It definitely is wood related tho. JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to....
2
2

Cribbage board peg hideaway
Hello, Planning in making a few cribbage boards for gifts. I can't figure out how to make the little place to put the pegs when the board is not in use. Anyone done this before? Thanks Larry C
14
14