90 Degree Angle Braces - $$$$$$$!!

Completely understand - but we have to leave the value judgement up to the customer...there are lots more people with $10 bills (well, $12.25 really), than there are with the desire to build their own braces.

The "make vs buy" equation is different for everyone.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

Of all the catalogs I get from LV, the most recent is my personal favorite.

Despite its thinness, it contains a larger application of "crowbar grease" than all the other's combined, and evokes the Pavlovian response of the old "Sears catalog wishful/wistful" thinking" of my youth.

IOW, like that lovely catcher's mitt/guitar/bicycle of 50 years ago, there are at least half a dozen items therein that, the need of which, I wasn't even aware.

How do you do that??

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote in news:8bidnQG_z99gsnjcRVn- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Simple; he's evil. ;-) (if the humor's not obvious).

Between the last two update catalogs, and some leftover needed misc. shop supplies, I expect I'll ordering in the next week ...

Regards,

JT

Reply to
John Thomas

Like the micrometer buffs who need just that little more accuracy when cutting wood with a vibrating saw blade, how accurate do we need to be?

Anyhow, comparative shopping helps:

[that's any "you"] decide.

Reply to
Guess who

> You [that's any "you"] decide.

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

Rob- don't get me wrong... if you have customers for the item at that price I totally support your giving warehouse space, catalog space, etc to the item. I'm highly unlikely to buy it myself, but if someone else wants to, let 'em.

I can actually see a slight advantage to these over homemade ones- that glue might release easier. otherwise, it seems vastly easier, cheaper and more convenient to make them out of scraps of plywood as needed. but maybe that's just me.

Reply to
bridger

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

That was my point.

Reply to
Guess who

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

Brian -

Respectfully - you're wrong...you're looking at a low res photo... I'm looking at the actual product.

The wood contact surfaces are all milled.

Cheers -

Rob

Reply to
Robin Lee

E-mail me a high res pic to show me.......Brian

Reply to
Brian in Hampton

Why should he? Why do you care? Are you just Robert under a different name?

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Hey Brian, I was looking at the angles you posted on abpw. Are the legs on yours milled like on the Lee Valley ones?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

No they are not...I put them up to a machine aquare and they are square....Brian

Reply to
Brian in Hampton

Errors are CUMULATIVE, so why not minimize the errors that you can, such as in the braces, straight edges, etc.

John

Reply to
John

Then why not make them accurate to 0.00002"? Answer...same reason.

Reply to
Guess who

Ok - then let the .0002 errors compound. What do you end up with after a few measurements? .0006? .0010? .0090? Is it really meaningful at all? You'd have to accumulate a lot of errors before you ever hit a point where it impacted the project at hand.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

By the way, are you the same Brian that gave more to tsunami relief than I make in a month, if I had a job?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to