Subject Author Posted Replies

planner problem
I'm wondering if others have had a similar problem with their planner as I have. My Ryobi AP1300 planner has been great, but I noticed lately that the thickness of boards produced is not consistent. I...
9
9

OT - How To Carve A Watermelon Into A Tiki Mask
Interesting. Different. But is it art?. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

INSPIRATION - Wood Spirit
I know one of you guys posed for this, I just don't know which one. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except...
1
1

Wood and Steel
I'm creating some custom hardware for a project I am doing -- specifically a heavy duty hinge. I'm thinking of using steel, as it is cheaper than aluminum, and stronger to boot. Should I be worried...
16
16

Comments on belt sander purchase
I was sanding some red oak with some nasty tearout last night and found that I had to break down and get out the belt sander. It was really a job for a drum sander, but I don't have one and have...
18
18

sill plate replacement in basement revisited
A little searching on the Simpson website led me to some anchors that may satisfy the inspector's requirement for anchor bolts on the new sill plate. 's site is full of code references, load test...
15
15

Daniel Day-Lewis
I wonder what kind of table saw he has. ========================================= 'In 1968, Day-Lewis's parents, finding him to be "too wild", sent him to Sevenoaks School in Kent, as a boarder.[9]...
6
6

Can I use raw oak to make soft-metal forming blocks ?
I'm not much of a carpenter but I need some advice as to what I can do with some free wood I acquired this winter. The Raw Oak (the free wood) is 6 inches wide by six inches deep and these boards are...
2
2

INSPIRATION - Gunstock
Interesting. I wouldn't have done it quite this way, but interesting. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except...
2
2

Steel tools in an oak chest
Considering the interaction between steel and oak, the way it blackens the wood, is there any concern about long term storage of steel and iron tools in an oak tool chest? Since it's affecting the...
11
11

Finish problems again....
Spraying a piece with nitrocellulous pre cat lacquer, have about 50/50 results over the past 2 gallons. problem is that i have to wait for a "nice" day because i have to spray outside. thought today...
7
7

CABINET SCRAPER
Seems to pretty well cover it. A single edge razor blade will work, but a tad small in a lot of cases. And, I did a search, and didn't see a thing about the scraper should flex. JOAT 10 Out Of 10...
12
12

RAZOR BLADE SCRAPER
I didn't follow thru, but can't be too hard. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.

ICE SCRAPER
I'm sure some of you guys still have enough winter left to get a lot of use out of one of these. Here, the dogwood has been in bloom for days. Hehehe JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For...
3
3

INSPIRATION - Spokeshave Scraper
I didn't follow this on, so don't know how it comes out. JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.