Subject Author Posted Replies

DJ-20 or Grizzly G0490 8 inch jointer???
I can get a DJ-20 refurbished for $ 899 or the Shop Fox equivalent to the Grizzly G0490 8" jointer for basically the same price. Does anyone have experience with both and can render an opinion as to...
4
4

cracked walnut saw handle
I've an old saw (over 50 yrs) that has cracks in the handle running parallel with the grain- as if it became real dry maybe. I was thinking of soaking it in linseed oil- any ideas?
5
5

Looking for Workbench Help
I have been searching the web for a set of steel legs to build a mobile workbench with little to no success. I am turning to the collective knowledge of this group assuming that someone else on the...
9
9

Rigid 3650 on sale at HD
The Rigid 3650 TS is on sale at HD for $467.00. They took this HF coupon for another 10% off. the total $420.30. Its the lowest price I have seen on the 3650 TS...(so far).... Skip
7
7

another hvlp thread
Okay, the last hvlp thread went so well, here's a question I've been meaning to ask. Everyone (ok, not everyone, but notably Robert, Swingman, BARRY, etc...) has been talking about shooting lacquer...
28
28

Best way to repair a solid front door
The front door to my house is ancient, made back in the 1920s and hasn't really been kept up well over the years. I had been planning on taking it down, completely stripping, repairing and refinishing...
27
27

Lostprophets mp3
The Fender Stratocaster The electric guitar The Fender Stratocaster was designed by George Fullerton, Leo Fender and Freddie Tavares in 1954. It is often called the Strat. The history of the Strat is...

dining room table veneer help
I recently purchased an Ethan Allen table which is an espresso finish. My wife left a scented oil thingy on the runner and some oil must have leaked through. I don't think it damaged the wood but the...
3
3

Need source for wood strips
I have a dining room chair with a lattice back made of wood strips approximqtely 1" wide and about .15 mm. thick in a light finish. Some of the strips are broken and I can see how to repair the back,...
12
12

OLD DEWALT TABLE SAW 8.25"
I have one of these and would like to know if its worth anything. I have it mounted on a steel square tube frame with an old craftsman motor at present. I have another 8.25" TS (Conventional Sears...
5
5

The Perfect Router Table Fence and Featherboard design.
I've been able to vastly increase my production and accuracy of end product. I should finish the evaluation of it this weekend. KISS keep it simple Stupid! Cheap to make, easy to align and holds...
1
1

The important thing about travel in foreign lands is that it breaks the speech habits and makes you blab less, and breaks the habitual space-feeling because of different village plans and different landscapes. It is less important that there are differ
The important thing about travel in foreign lands is that it breaks the speech habits and makes you blab less, and breaks the habitual space-feeling because of different village plans and different...
2
2

Badly behaving brass
I used to have a wooden sail boat that was made in the 30s. There were several forged iron rings on various spars and I was told that the way to get them on was to make the ring with a slightly...
2
2

Floating Tenon Problem
When I make floating tenons the tenon stock is always more tight fitting in the rail (end grain mortise) than in the side of a leg (cross grain mortise). Why is this? I use an upcut spiral bit and use...
32
32

UHMW plastic question
Anyone have any way to get a thin (no more than 1/8" thick) piece of UHMW plastic to stick to either wood or preferably aluminum? Screws etc would deform the plastic too much and I need the plastic to...
25
25