Subject Author Posted Replies

Back to work...
I'm trying to get back into woodworking as a hobby. Here is my first couple of projects. http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb/chest.htmRichard
2

shavings.net - for sale/lease.
Greetings and salutations to Neanderthals and Normites alike. I have come to find that my domain is down. Apparently my host/provider has gone "ten toes up" or has been bought out, or whatever.. I am...
3
3

OT: The Customer Is Not ALWAYS Right.
Hits the nail on the head. (If bad words bother you, don't open this, okay, you pansy?!)
21
21

What is it? Set 236
As I mention on the site, the answer page will probably be posted on Saturday or Sunday. http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
11
11

OT - Globalization - Computer Migration - Software Upgrading - part V - Not Even Close
Well - the RIGHT version of Adobe PhotoShop Elements v 6.0 arrived today, Tuesay, Hune 10th - "two working days" as promised - though FOUR ACTUAL DAYS from the time I finally got a Customer Service...
1
1

Off/On Topic: Thunderbird (not the wine) filters?
Greets, folks. Decided to stick my head back in this group after a multi-year absence, which was caused by extreme lack of real life time for woodworking. The fact that I didn't have room to *use* my...
5
5

TV Stand Project update and a Thank you.
Thanks to those that helped me with my panel questions!! I finished the panels and I have done a dry fit. This design is based on a piece brought to my attention by Robatoy (Green Designs) I posted a...
3
3

Lee Valley flush trimming plane
I've had this plane from Lee Valley for a while, but hadn't really figured out what to use it for. Well I found the perfect application - cleaning polyurethane glue joints. Much cleaner and quicker...

adding metal details ?
Customers always have away of expanding our horizons.. often I shy away from things I have not done before, but some of my best work has come from tackling new styles and materials.. I do a fair...
3
3

how do I fix a wide crack?
Hi I have a wooden oak door . It is the main entrance door to my home. The door faces east and so it gets hot by the summer morning heat. In the winter it may get a bit wet by the rain. The door...
19
19

Re: Non-Oil Crisis - WE'RE SAVED!
This Bloomberg News article appeared in the June 8 Houston Chronicle. - Dave in Houston ocean of crude lies 2 miles below North America By ANTHONY EFFINGER John Bartelson, who smokes Marlboro Lights...
14
14

FF Biscuits and Dewalt 682k
I have a Dewalt 682k Plate Joiner (biscuit joiner) and at times I woul like to use size FF biscuits. Is there any way to adjust the Dewal 682k so I can use them -- silver_18038
4
4

Roofing question--ping nailshooter.
Backalong you gave me a suggestion that seemed eminently sensible concerining the use of SBS on the roof of a shed attached to a garage. Well, I spent the last month pretty much tearing down the shed...
3
3

Thanks for Tapered Bit Advice
I'm not sure who posted the advice (I think it was Leon) about Tapered Bits for drilling pilot holes. I bought a set from Woodcraft (sorry no gloat paid full price) and used them yesterday on a tool...
11
11

Panel question (again)
I made my panels for my TV stand. I have never made solid panels for a project (usually plywood for and application like this.) My panels are 18.5" wide by 14.5" long. They are 0.34" thick and need to...
19
19