Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 244
Back to my usual schedule this week, here is the latest set: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
8

Did It Again
Shoulder planes and rabbet/rebate planes have irons which extend just outside the body of the plane - on both sides. And what extends outside the body of the plane also has a nice square corner. Now...
6
6

Free e-book on Wood-Carving, Design and Workmanship
Free e-book on Wood-Carving, Design and Workmanship by George Jack, can be found at A Great Day http://www.shopss.net/books/WoodCarving/WoodCarving.htmlHave

Jointing or Biscuits
them in a 200 degree oven for a time.
96
96

Simple daybed?
I am a newbie woodworker. I have someone I work with that is looking for a simple cheap daybed. Wants it painted white. I have never had a daybed. DO these need to be made in "sections" so they fit...
1
1

Piping basement for compressor air supply
I have a relatively cheap 8 gallon compressor but still would like to run some air supply lines including to avoid having to drag the compressor along: - 1 to central workbench area (20 ft) - 1 to top...
20
20

Toolcenter.com
Anyone here ever order from them? Been scouring the net for bandsaw blades for my dinky 10" Craftsman and aside from the junky blades Sears has (or claims to have, none are in stock in my area), all...
5
5

Grain Filler (CrysaLac)
I just used it for the first time. I really like that stuff. S.
1
1

Veritas Large Router (cordless)
I ordered one to avoid breaking out the laminate trimmer for just a few hinge mortises. With only the factory sharpening, I really think it's gonna' work out! I can't wait to sharpen it!
1
1

The way it usta be done
Relaxing and good music. Here is another video intended to show the traditional way of preparing and turning Windsor Chair Legs. This a traditional ball and bead design.
1
1

OT - Damn ...
... been sitting here in Houston all day waiting for enough rain so I can go looting and score myself a couple of HD big screens, and now ... nothing but sunshine! CNN ... you dumbasses!
38
38

Laguna Tools Heads Up - Stroke Sander & Chisel Mortiser
Just got a flyer from LT with two sales items that might be of interest to someone here - as stroke sander and a chisel and bit mortiser with XY table. LT gives the list prices at $7,995 and $695...

Advice Needed
A friend's BIL, Tom, passed away and my friend gave me Tom's woodshop.... no other heirs. Rockwell tools: lathe, shaper, drill press, table saw... all with lots of accessories, tools, bits, cutters,...
8
8

Radius corners?
I'm racking my brain trying to think of a way to make a perfect radius corner.....about a half inch radius or so. Is there any technique with a jig or something someone can share? I really want an...
14
14

Large, Long Holes in Wood...
Here is an inquiry I received this morning: *** START *** I am trying to find some sources to help us build a wood boring machine that can drill from 4" up to 10" (rarely larger), mostly our needs...
49
49