Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: ? for the canuckistanis
Just recently started getting Corner Gas below the 49th. Don't know how many Americans are going to enjoy it completely, but most seem to. I wonder how many of our northern members like it. Being...
4
4

Latest Lee Valley catalog?
Has anyone gotten a catalog from LV showing their new side rabbet plane? JP
10
10

OT Gloat
:> I shared some manufacturing space with the Russell brothers (Bryston) :> for a while and got to know them well. Bryston builds one the finest :> transistor amps in the business and they're just a...
28
28

Gloat
As I walked into Horton Brasses this afternoon...
7
7

FedEx Freight
edge of a trunk or tailgate and lowering to the ground, then moving it with a two-wheeler. Half of 700 is 350 an d I'm not going to attempt to balance 350 pounds and don't want to be close if it slips...
51
51

OT Who knew? Oil Springs, ON, struck first oil.
As a born and raised Saskatchewanian (try typing that after a alco-pop or two), let me offer my $.02. The way I see it is that most Ontarioans still think of Ontario as it was when it was known as...
32
32

Two Scroll Saw Questions
I bought a 25 dollar Craftsman scroll saw at a rummage sale and spend a few hours last night making jigsaw puzzles out of hardboard for a party. (Thanks for the tip! The project worked out really...
4
4

Using building lumber/??
I am wanting to build a day bed for someone cheaply. But I do want it to look nice and hold up. It needs to be painted white. Will using regular 2x4 and other building lumber be ok? Around here, I...
22
22

OT The First Woman Truck Presidential Candidate
I sent this email to a buddy of mine today and he thought it was funny. Read at your own risk. My 1987 Ford F150 is currently old enough to vote. This coming February she will be old enough to buy a...
6
6

Interesting Video Tutorials...
Some useful, some not... I don't work for them in any way, shape or form. Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022 01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills: Spindle Drills: ** Posted from **

Can anyone help with dimensions?
Can anyone help with some of the dimensions by looking at this? FOr example, what would you say the posts are, 3x3?? How high would you say the front rail is?...
5
5

JBot web page
Web page hits after my over-eager response to Joe showed more interest than I'd thought existed. I dug out a few more of the photos I'd taken while building the machine and have added 'em to the page....

Somebody asked about PEX for air lines
Here is a approved product for air.... http://www.ipexinc.com/Content/EN_US/2_0_Products/2_1_Industrial/2_1_4_2_Duratec.asp

Finish for Jake's Chairs
Over the past three years, I have made over 30 Jake's chairs and footstools, mostly using pine. I have made a few out of cedar and am currently finishing a couple. My question is what is the proper...
3
3

My father-in-law's dresser
We have a dresser in our dining room storing linens and knicknacks. My wife's father built it in the mid 1930's when he was working in a sawmill in Connecticut. She remembers him telling the story. In...
2
2