Subject Author Posted Replies

Finally a tool which may turn me into a Neanderthal woodworker.
Woodworking Hand & Power Tools & Accessories - Lee Valley Tools
35
35

My Beloved 7 year old 14.4 PC Hammer/Driver Stolen
Now what do I replace it with? I looked at the new PC's and I'm not impressed!!! Made in Freakin China now!!! Rich
6
6

iron bolt source?
I've googled. Does anyone have a source for old (or just looks old) square head iron bolts? application is through-bolt table legs to the apron blocking for a vintage-looking farm table. Thanks! jc
6
6

Band clamp / truck tie down
I've been thinking... a band clamp is essentially a ratcheting truck tie down with blocks to hold the corners, right? So is there anything special to the band clamp that would preclude the use of a...
21
21

FS Milwaukee router
5615 single speed Milwaukee router. Very low milage tool, does have vibration that will need attention. With 1/4 & 1/2 collets & wrenches. $80 + $10 to ship. No S&H if you pick up. Where: Escondido...
1
1

Stock Room Supply Drum Sander
I was wondering if anyone has tried the Drum Sander Kit from Stockroom Supply? saw the company mentioned in an earlier post about sanding discs, and started poking around the site. The idea of the...
16
16

Whirlpool Surround - Grout Between Tile and Wood Trim
This might be a little off-topic for this group but I'm guessing I am not the first to encounter this. We are finishing the master bath in our new home and I'm working on the whirlpool tub surround....
4
4

Charles Self's new book
Received my signed copy of Charles's new book last week. If you recall, late in 2007, Charles requested pictures of peoples' shops for this new project. The book is out and is a complete one-stop shop...
10
10

Wiring PM-65 3 ph
I am trying to wire up a Powermatic 65 with orig motor 2hp 3ph. Lots of issues to resolve and I am not an electrician.I also only have a wire diagram for the 66 but the switch box looks much the same....
9
9

Laminating sheet metal
I've just finished up rebuilding my shop built drum sander this weekend and I'm really happy with how it's turned out, more on that coming in the future. The problem is that I decided to use that...
7
7

customer service
I've gotten used to treating portable elextric heaters as disposables. Last year I decided to buy another heater based on my guess that it was about time for my old one to die. About 6 weeks ago it...
6
6

Delta planer
Any thoughts on Delta Model 22-560 planer, offered on CL for $160? I'm a weekend hobbyist who makes more sawdust than completed projects (just ask my bride). Here's the listing:
5
5

Old sander broke. What do I want?
I'm not a real woodworker, but every once in a while I build a shelf unit or some other "box with face frame" level of project. Up until last week I used a palm sander that I've had for maybe 15...
68
68

OT: Frontline / Sick Around the World / Online & 3/31 on PBS
"Sick around the World" can be seen at this website. It was shown last year on PBS. You can see it online. The program is described in the message below from Frontline will be on Tuesday, March 31....
28
28

Harbor Freight Bandsaw Blades.
I'm fully aware of the crapshoot involved when buying stuff at Harbor Freight. My theory for HF is the same as for Radio Shack. 75 percent of their stuff is pure, unadulterated crap. 20 percent is...
60
60