Subject Author Posted Replies

Dust collection
The responses to my recent post on handling the chips and such from my new (to me) planer, leads me to move on getting a decent dust collection system for the shop. I'm occupying one stall in the...
2
2

Off to Harbor Freight
today to buy some magnets for a project. Any good deals people think are worth looking at? MJM
19
19

Problems with rec.woodworking server?
That's pretty much how I do it, still somewhat a pain however.
23
23

Going to reface kitchen cabinets - Band saw or Jointer
I have a medium sized kitchen and the cabinets are just ugly. The carcasses are in good shape and I just want to reface them and build new doors and drawer fronts. I'm going to build the door frames...
11
11

How to craft an wooden biplane?
I want to create a biplane for a World War 1 show but I don't know how to build such a plane. How can I craft a wooden biplane, that will really fly?
20
20

Handplanes -- L-N or Veritas?
I've decided to go for a serious #4 Smooth to replace my $35, 15-year-old Stanley. After years of tuning the plane and refining my technique, I feel like I'm at the point where better hardware will...
16
16

Box joints on a radial arm saw?
Is it possible? Do they make a jig like they do for table saws? If not, would one of those jigs fit on a cheap $99.99 table saw? That would be about all I would use the table saw for. I love my RAS...
10
10

Little gloat
Got the Dewalt planer I mentioned a few days ago. $160 seemed fair to me, especially since the seller drove 45 miles to meet me halfway. The dust collector looks like it takes a 4 or 5 inch hose. Can...
17
17

Plexiglass for router table - Where to get? Really necessary?
I've searched the Rockler and a couple of other places and cannot find small sheets of plexiglass for sale. One place online has what I need in eight foot sheets. All I need is enough to make a table...
25
25

What is it? Set 278
Three of them are unidentified this week, although I think I know the general purpose of them all, just not the specifics: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
20
20

Help with Highboy
I am just finishing a Cherry classic reproduction Queen Anne Highboy. 3 years in the making and over 200 hours of hand carving for the drawer fronts, crest, etc. All the wwod is from one lovely tree...
10
10

Extendable Dining Room Table Design
I am planning to build a 42" x 60" dining room table that will extend to 84" by adding 2 12" leaves. It will be a double-pedestal/trestle design. In order to give it the recommended 16" legroom on...
6
6

Amazing Table Design
Expanding Table - Funny Videos, Funny Pictures, Flash Games, Streaming Media
6
6

The Critter Spray Gun - what it can/can not shoot
I have had this thing for a while but the only thing I have really used it for was to "hose down" a few outdoor benches with a oil based stain. It works well for that sort of thing. It is "slow", but...
33
33

OT: Frontline / Sick Around the America / Sick Around the World
Sick Around America / This aired on 3/31/09 It can be viewed online at: Around the World, which aired last year can be seen here: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sickaroundamerica/Sick Can the...
1
1