Subject Author Posted Replies

Is this place done?
Hello everyone, I have been watching for over 10 years. I used to be a frequent poster, but now I don't have the time. I drop in from time to time to see what is up, and recently it does not seem to...
4
4

An old face (and friend) appearing at Woodcraft Towson Maryland soon
Hey All, For those in the Baltimore area who know Brian Graham, I found out today that he will be starting a new job as a manager at the Towson Woodcraft beginning August 31. Brian had worked at...

Sears hybid saw 699 biesemeier
Was in Sears today and their Steel City hybrid saw (the one with the Biesemeier fence and the cabinet that goes all the way to the floor) was on display marked "discontinued" for $699. If I didn't...

coping sled
I am building a new coping sled and I am wondering if anyone has any input. After looking at several designs, I will not run it in the miter track. Just seems too problemaatic with fence alignment...
3
3

Reoganized the shop
Got a proper dust collector (JDS w/ 1 micron cannister) and had to bump out a wall a bit to make a little area for it and the shop vac. Rearranged the tools to get the drum sander, band saw, and edge...
11
11

Re: Need source for hard-to-find hinge
Bingo! The WDH-10 is almost exactly what I want. (It's a bit wider than I'd want, but it's the closest I've found to ideal, so I'm buying it.) Page cannot be found Brass Hardware | Reproduction...
1
1

What is it? Set 298
I need some help with the first item this week, I've shown it to a number of people and most of them don't even have a guess for it, I'll be surprised if we get the answer:
43
43

Went back to auction again...
Went to the auction again today: Acquired a Delta 12.5" Planer (Model 22-560) with 3 extra sets of blades, a "dust chute", and an instruction manual for $200. Looks extremely similiar to the new model...
8
8

Brad Nailer
I've been trying to use an 18 gauge brad nailer to put up some baseboard and door moldings. The nails keep folding over 3/4 of the way into the wood. The trim boards are 3/4" ash, so I'm thinking that...
25
25

Chop saw accuracy
Is the general consensus that chop saws are accurate enough to cut 45 degree angles on large picture frames or jewlery boxes or six sided boxes, etc? Or are they prettry much religated to people doing...
16
16

Not many wood posts, here's one
I found some decent poplar at a decent price locally (central Florida). I'm working on my screen porch and need a molding at the top to hide the juncture of wall drywall (new) and ceiling drywall...
14
14

O/T: OLE Fills In
Enjoy Lew ----------------------------------------------------- A doctor in Duluth wanted to get off work and go hunting, so he approached his assistant. 'Ole, I am goin' huntin' tomorrow and don't...

Replacing missing capacitor?
I bought a Delta grinder that needs a new capacitor, but I don't have the original one to take into my local motor shop to replace.I don't want to order one off the internet from a parts shop there...
2
2

Somewhat OT
Note received today from one of my buds in our volunteer group that does bascic home maintenance for our less fortunate senior citizens here in Plano, TX. discovered our table is too small. I found...
12
12

Gloat
At a yard sale yesterday: #1 - A box full of turning tools. Some were inexpensive types, six were Sorby's still in the plastic from Woodcraft, and there was a set of pen-turners mini-chisels. None had...
11
11