60 INCH Aluminum bar clamps 11.99CDN

Rob't, this is wearing a little thin. I got a couple of chuckles from a few of your other trolls, but I'm not chuckling anymore. Is this the real you or did someone put your cornflakes in the wrong bowl?

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I posted that Canadians pay more than Americans for Lee Valley products, and several posters supported that. Then I was attacked. If Robin thinks he can use the thugs in this group to shut me up he's wrong. I've been in this group longer than most, much longer than Mr Lee, and I know the drill. The harder you push the harder I push back.

Reply to
Robert

[snip]

Chris, you are missing a bit of history. This guy has "expressed" a strong bias against Lee Valley, and you should take a look to see the kinds of comments he's been posting. The thread subject is "Americans seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley" but he's set the X-No-Archive flag on his messages, so you won't find his postings on google groups; you'll have to find them on your local news server (or someone could provide you with a copy).

- Daniel

Reply to
Daniel H

Well deserved in my view.

Reply to
Robert

Ahhh, screw you Rob't. I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, but life's too short.

Happy fishing.

cya Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I might be a thug, but I'm a free-lance thug.

I just like the shop that sells me the really nice shiny toys at a price I can still afford to pay. Your toys are certainly cheaper, so you can have more of them to play with. But they're made out of cardboard and plastic and they'll break before mine do.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No, your statement just proves you are a newbie, clueless, or both, a cluebie.

If you don't understand how Robin uses the regulars in this group then you are completely ignorant of usenet group politics.

Reply to
Robert

Um... Maybe you should go back on your meds, 'kay?

Rob Lee and Lee Valley get defended here because:

a) He's a great guy, willing to answer any question, demonstrably cares about the woodworking community, and;

b) We've found purchasing from Lee Valley to be an overwhelming positive experience both in terms of the value (quality/price equation) of their products and their absolutely superb customer service.

I may just stop by Princess Auto here in Saskatoon tomorrow and have a look at the clamps you promoted (while tagging on a gratuitious shot at LV) as they're only about 3 minutes away from the office, but I've seen the aluminum bar clamps in that price range at House of Tools (about 45 seconds away from the office) and put them back in the bin. They were crap. I suspect the ones at P.A. are probably from the same manufacturer.

Now, had I bought them on sale at $12, got them home and discovered they were crap I'd be SOL. No refunds on sale items.

However, if I purchased the aluminum bar clamps from Lee Valley and didn't like them/thought they were poor value I could:

a) Call Lee Valley and they'd happily refund all my money and pay for return shipping, or;

b) Post here and bitch and whine about the quality, call Robin Lee names, make unfair accusations and generally be a jerk and have Rob look up my order and post a message that he'd *already* refunded my money to my credit card and was sending a shipping carton prepaid so I could return them.

Get it?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

ROFLMAO!

You're a complete farging idiot.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

LOL! Andy you are one person who does understand news group politics, especially this group. BTW I have read the turning group for awhile. Has Robin returned to that group since they tarred and feathered him and rode him out on rail a while back.

I buy quality, I buy from Lee Valley. I did not start out comparing them to anyone else. I justly complained that year after year Canadians pay more, Americans pay less for the same goods from Lee Valley. I just got tired of getting the short end of the stick from a Canadian company.

But then Robin and the village idiots in this group decided to piss me off. I love it when a news group does that. It makes my day.

Reply to
Robert

You protest far too much Dave.

Remember when it backfired in the wood turning group and they rode poor Robin out on a rail.

Reply to
Robert

I'm not protesting at all.

I'm laughing out loud at you.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I'm surprised, I usually find Canadians to be much brighter than you. Maybe you were adopted.

Reply to
Robert

LMAO!

And those are the last words of yours I shall ever read. Buh-bye.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

But who do you think you are fooling. Certainly not someone who cut his teeth on the rough side of usenet over ten years ago.

Reply to
Robert

Bake yourself a Saskatoon berry pie, it will make you feel better.

Reply to
Robert

Only if you utterly ignore context. Which most of the people on this NG were smart enough not to do.

Robert has a beef against Lee Valley, a company many of us have dealt with and like quite a lot. About the only use he makes of this forum is to snipe at them. It gets real old real quick and not unreasonably produces resentment on the part of the people who choose to wade through his bile.

No, that is clearly not what he was doing.

Then you obviously didn't read very closely -- or you have a damned odd definition of 'condemn LV'. Study up on 'implication'. If you honestly believe that statement then you're the sort of prize sucker that both US presidential candidates are so earnestly courting right now.

Implying that Lee Valley was gouging its customers.

If you thought you could buy that $20 widget for $5 you're the sort of idiot who keeps Harbor Freight in business.

Good Lord! I'd expect anyone with the smarts to read this news group to be well aware of the fact that the market is flooded with woodworking tools that look alike but don't perform anything alike. That's elementary and if you haven't figured it out by now then you're wasting your money buying cheap crap that will make you work harder and won't deliver the results you want.

How about "if one person is fed up with a twit, a lot of people are probably fed up with the same twit"?

And you will undoubtedly be disappointed -- if you're truly comparing quality for quality.

Robert is merely an annoying little net troll. You OTOH are positively irritating.

--RC

"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running For President On His Vietnam War Record"

Reply to
rcook5

And confirmed by Robin.:)

Reply to
Robert

Well, one of you is. And one of you has established a richly deserved reputation for spouting troll-like nonsense. Which is which I'll leave as an exercise to the reader.

Now let me see if I've got this straight. . . Lee Valley, it is generally agreed, has a reputation for providing quality products and services. This is attested to by many of the regular posters to this group -- posters, please note who have contributed a great deal here. You, OTOH, have problems with Lee Valley and apparently the only time you come out from under your bridge is to take a shot at them -- often a cheap shot.

And anyone who gets tired of your juvenile, pointless tantrums and has the temerity to say so is somehow a 'thug' for Lee Valley.

Look, you obviously don't care about convincing anyone of anything. So, equally obviously, the only justification for your miserable existence in this NG is to satisfy some brat-like craving for an audience for your display of temper.

Fortunately that's what kill files are for.

--RC

"You Know Things Are Weird When Arnold Schwartznegger Is Governor of California, Ronald Reagan Is One Of Our Most Beloved Ex-Presidents, And John Kerry Is Running For President On His Vietnam War Record"

Reply to
rcook5

RC,

Please follow the Standard Advice.

Ignore, filter, help others to do the same.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone