Subject Author Posted Replies

Newbe Question about Shop Heater
I have an attached 400 ft^2 (20' by 20') 2-car garage with an (electric) insulated garage door. What is a smart way to warm it up (to say 60 degrees)? Options appear to be kerosene, propane and...
60
60

FA: Stanley Jointer No 7 Plane, late 1800s
don't see a woodworking for sale or for action newsgroup. I hope it's ok to post this here. Thanks, Mike http://tinyurl.com/yg6lkv5I
5
5

The Real Change Of Seasons
Today is the first heat day in the shop. Prepped the 150,00 BTU fire breathing kero dragon and got her some fresh fuel ($2.49 per gal) - and she's roaring away. Planed up the glued cherry panels on...
4
4

O/T Christmas Lighting
Well, this certainly takes the pressure off of me this year. Glad I found it. motifake.com
1
1

Good Price
VanDykes( has good prices on cabinet screwdrivers and mortise chisels (just use the search from the home page for mortise chisel or cabinet screwdriver) I have no affiliation...just bought some of...
2
2

Case of the overgrown insert?
Anyone have a clue why a zero-clearance insert would suddenly grow too big to fit in the table? The insert I use for dadoing no longer fits the saw opening. I grabbed an unused, though otherwise...
46
46

General tools sale
General has its annual winter sale on now. I picked up a flyer at the local Home Hardware. BTW, Excalibur (fences & scroll saws) are still made/sold by General. However, they do not have the "Made in...
3
3

The Tool Gods Are Angry With Me
It ain't that easy. Just look at all the cat skeletons we find on roofs and on tree branches from all the poor cats who can't get down from what at first look to them like easy perches. If you can't...
29
29

Bosch 3107 DVS Orbital Sander
Loctite (probably red) comes to mind, however I'd e-mail Bosch and see that they have to say as well.
6
6

OT: Brandenburg # 5 (Who doesn't want to be cheered up in 9 minutes flat?)
I have several versions of this on CD and vinyl, but it is always fun to watch it.I have no idea who these people are, but it looks like fun.
3
3

Trick or treat
Boo!

OT: Daylight savings time
Small recompense for smallpox and a f'in continent, even if it were true. G'Day mates. Greg G.
20
20

A thoughtful statement on WW
On page 12 of the "Tools & Shops Annual Issue" (Winter 2009), published by FWW, there is a letter from Peter Corn, Executive Director For Furniture Craftsmanship, he observes that ...I'm sure this...
14
14

Head first down the long slippery slope...
Yea, though I walk through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, because Lee Valley has taken all my money again and there's none left to spend anywhere else. Just bought my first decent plane,...
19
19

ARF!
3