45 degrees hinges

Hi all

I have 2 doors left over from a project, with 35 mm (~1,5") holes for "eurohinges", center placed 24 mm from the edge (almost 1 inch) for a kitchen cupboard. I am planning on using them for a 45 degree cupboard, for a corner - 5- sided. I want the idea of a classic corner cupboard with modern styling.

My problem is the hinge Do anyone have information on hinges for this? I found them in a local shop here, but lack drawings/ideas. According to the catalog, 2 sides have to be cut to 45 degrees in the "ends", the the door goes above.

Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

I'm not certain I understand the shape of your corner cabinet. If it is 5 sided and the most forward side panels are parallel to each other then 120 degree euro hinges should articulate the same way as if it were an ordinary 3 sided square cabinet.

If the most forward side panels are at 90 degrees to each other you may be able to get 45 degree wedges to fit behind the hinges. You can probably find them in the catalogs or web sites of the hinge manufacturer. Look for Blum, Hettich, Grass, Salice,or Hafele.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

I'm using these hinges for 45 deg. corner cupboards. They require a 35 mm hole but it should be centered at 22.5 mm from the door edge. The edge of the hole is 5 mm from the edge of the door. There is about 5 mm of adjustment in the hinges in that direction.

LdB

That very much what I am looking for. I just found this:

want to have a "box", then cut a curner of - the idea is as of now, to have 2 "rear sides" app 35 cm , 2 "sides" 10 cm, and one door 35 cm. The sides should be with a 45 cut (inner depth is longer then the outer, equal to the thinkness of the wood), and the door goes on top.

I also found Blumotion 973A is an option.

Prices in the us - 14-15 USD/pair is well over the price here, which is 2-3 USD for one hinge :)

WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren