Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Hillbilly Boom!
This is my middle brother, Brian, blowing a wheelbarrow off the roof of a Sunbird using nothing but a pop bottle, acetylene, and magnesium fuse. I love that guy... My 15 year old sun REALLY wants me...
15
15

Turning Tools
Does anyone have any experience with the Stone Mountain turning tools sold by Peachtree Woodworking Supply? Will they do a good job? Suggestions for a set? Thanks! See:
1
1

RE: Shipwright Disease
From another list. Enjoy. Lew -------------------------------- "Kenneth " wrote: I'm going thu a bit of this myself right now. Darn plumbing is a one time use tubing and fittings. GRRR. Regards, Ken...
4
4

OT: Democracy in Action
Keep your eyes on the recalls in Wisconsin Tuesday. Wisconsin has always been a progressive state, even under Republicans. But the swing with the election of Scott Walker to the governorship was...
140
140

ideas for adjustable height assembly/work bench
I'm thinking to build some sort of table, about 4' x 8', and thinking possibly to make the height adjustable. I've seen some plans using scissor jacks and some using a ratcheting latch of sorts. I'd...
10
10

Suggestions for a fine cut
I need a bit of help making a final cut in a project I made for the wife. If you view the photo from the posted link below, you'll see the project I'm completing. In the photo, on the left side of the...
29
29

Is the site still working
All of the posts that I see are from Aug 1. Al
5
5

Decking Prices?
Hello, I'm in the process of rebuilding a deck and have posted some other questions. Thanks again to those who responded. In shopping around for decking material, I found a place called Uncle Hilde's...
4
4

Finally! My new router arrived!
Had the Dewalt 618 in my amazon cart for 8 months. Finally decided to take the plunge and ordered it. It arrived yesterday. I can't wait to use it! I think I'll order a bit or two next month. LMAO! I...
12
12

Circular saw followup
I wasn't really impressed with most of what I saw at the home centers. Karl, I couldn't find the Makita 5007NB you recommended; the closest thing I saw was a 5007MG (apparently the same thing with a...
6
6

Evansville Woodcraft Store closing sale
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in business. More info at:
11
11

Circular saw recommendations?
don't use it to of a machine True; those saws are not typically set up for accuracy and the abuse they take is not conducive to accurate cuts, but I don't think such cuts are impossible. I'm sure with...
178
178

Diablo 80 tooth blade
I bought a Diablo 80 tooth blade back in December/Jan time frame. I finally mounted it, nice cuts. Then while cutting a 2x3 for a built in I am making the damn thing kicked back and twisted the wood...
14
14

What is it? Set 400
Six new items have been posted on the site: http://55tools.blogspot.com/Rob
22
22

OT Now this is customer service
I had forgotten when but some time last year I ordered a replacement battery for my UPS from Apex Battery. I just got an e-mail from them with the following comments Time to check your warranty It has...
38
38