RE: Shipwright Disease

From another list.

Enjoy.

Lew

-------------------------------- "Kenneth " wrote:

I'm going thu a bit of this myself right now. Darn plumbing is a one time use tubing and fittings. GRRR.

Regards, Ken

"Shipwrights Disease"

Goes something like this:

Sailor owns boat. Boat has burned out light in galley. Sailor decides to change bulb. Sailor notices socket is corroded, decides to change socket. Sailor notices wiring frayed while trying to change socket. Sailor decides to change wiring. Sailor notices galley ceiling slats are rotted while changing the wire. Sailor decides galley ceiling slats need changing. Sailor notices .

this goes on and on and on and on and pretty soon, Sailor is undertaking a major renovation of his boat because of a burned out lightbulb.

--------------------------------------

"James" wrote:

Funny coincidence Ken, I've just suffered through back-to-back > procedures > myself on the plumbing, soon to get some electrical assistance. > > Lately for me it's gone: > > Seat's cracked on the guest toilet. > Replace seat. > New seat makes old toilet look bad. > Replace toilet with modern lo-flush design. > New toilet beggars old sink. > Time to get the bowl type sink the boss has always wanted for this > bathroom, > which necessitates a new, custom built cabinet. > New toilet, cabinet and sink showcase how old the original floor > tiles are. > Hire contractor to replace floor tiles and paper walls. > > Eventual outcome? > > Now shopping for another house! > "James"
Reply to
Lew Hodgett

This tale seems like one Andy Rooney described when changing a light bulb led to fixing the hooks which held the ladder then the wall that held the hooks. Well you get the picture. When doing household repairs we need to focus even though its not always easy.

JoeG

Reply to
GROVER

One of the keys to avoiding job-creep is to keep SWMBO at bay. We're about to embark on an upgrade to the master bath. Converting shower to steam room plus new shower door. I've already caved in on new lighting fixtures to match the brushed nickle of the new door, but I'm drawing the line on re-tiling the whole room. We'll see if that line is in ink or pencil.

Larry

Reply to
Z3Driver

...Big snip since we're bottom posting.....

Be careful. She might decide you drew your line in blood.

Reply to
Roy