Subject Author Posted Replies

Ping Lew
Good chance you've seen this already, but to me it never gets old. See related links to what you are looking for.
13
13

Red Oak vs Walnut
Which is the harder wood?
18
18

Ideas of how to make "grooved" splines?
Glue dowels can have spiral grooves and I really like them better, especially when using expoxy which has gap filling ability. I am playing with some designs for exterior items and I plan to use lots...
12
12

Small radius round over - full size router or laminate trimmer?
Next in my continuing series of kindergarten woodworking questions: 5/32 roundover bit, oak. 72" x 30" rectangle to be rounded over. Which would you use? I'm leaning towards the smaller one. Am I...
15
15

Sawstop requisiat en pace
Anybody get the idea we've beat this topic to death? Did anyone change their opinion? We've all had a good rant, how about moving on?
20
20

Grizzly Sanding Discs
I have thought about buying the 5" hook and loop sanding discs from Grizzly. At $33 for 100 they are pretty much a bargain. They have a zinc stearate to reduce loading etc. The description puts them...

eWoodShop - Hutch End Cabinets 2010
To match the style of a "kitchen cabinet" hutch previously designed for the client, which itself was based on a kitchen hutch I built for her daughter in a custom home we built:
35
35

Interesting find, re: Norton Abrasives
I've been compiling a grit comparison chart for various sheets, stones, &tc. I've got responses from several sources including Monsanto, E-Z Lap, and several other sources. I just went to Norton's...
4
4

Re: Source for 800-grit sandpaper
Try Autozone, PepBoys, O'Reily's or similar auto parts store. Most of them have a wide selection/range of very fine grit, to at least 2000P. Sonny
5
5

1/2" oak dowel in 1/2" hole - pretty tight - might it split?
Oak 1x2 to wrap around a desk surface. I've got some oak 1/2" dowels that I'm going to use both for decoration and to keep the 1x2 in line with the desk surface while the glues dries. Maybe not...
14
14

Router bit failure
So there I was routing a 15" long 5/16 deep slot in some hard maple with a 1/4 inch bit on a 1/2 inch shank and 12 inches into the cut the bit sheared. This bit was one of those green Woodcraft bits...
22
22

Sawstop's suit against Ryobi is upheld
The ridiculously frivolous suit of an ignorant laborer injured because of stupidity has been upheld at the Appellate Court: http://www.ca1.uscourts.gov/pdf.opinions/10-1824P-01A.pdf
258
258

planer/molder revisited
I finally got the problem solved - just ignore the manual! I set the rollers to 1/16" ( one turn of the depth adjustment ) below the bottom of the knives. That puts just enough pressure to pull the...
1
1

Turning DVD's
I deleted the main thread from the other day. Got a notice from Peachtree today they are having a sale on Ron Brown DVD's. I've never seen one, don't know if they are any good or not, just passing on...
1
1

Help
Hi, I have a Craftsman All-in-One router Model 183.172520. I'm in need of a part. Anyone know where I can find a compete parts break down? The one on Sears Parts Direct is only a partial break down...
2
2