Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Saga of the Sofa Table - onward, toward the Maggies' drawers
Corbels attached: color coordinator, inspecting the job ... I think it passed, but it's a bit early to tell: work will allow starting on the drawers in the next few days.
1
1

HF work bench (pretty good)
Just assembled the HF work bench. Bought it over 6 months ago when on sale= . All of the parts are oak except for the drawer bottoms. With all the fa= steners tightened the bench is surprisingly...
5
5

Durable Finish For Doors In The Tropics
I originally posted this in Someone suggested I also post here. Hi, Can someone suggest a durable finish for wooden doors in a tropical environment? The doors of our house in Costa Rica cannot keep a...
10
10

The final word on sharpening?
So what actually gets a hand plane blade the sharpest? Wet stones? Arkansas stones? Scary sharp system? Strop and compound? Thanks, Mike
8
8

Painting pressure treated lumber
I've read you have to delay painting PT lumber from everywhere from two weeks to a year. Latex paint... What's the deal? And, how does one tell if PT wood is ready to be painted? It feels quite wet...
63
63

speed control on PC 8529 router
My PC 8529 router has 4 speeds. Up to level 3 everything is OK. When I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then comes to a stop? Anybody had this problem; is it an easy...
3
3

Hi everyone,
Woodworking involves the use of a variety of hand and power tools. It's a very important part of the whole woodworking industry because it makes everything a lot easier. But the convenience comes with...
21
21

OT: Just For You People In Canuckistan
Featured on CBC News, Maclean's, Yahoo! News, The Huffington Post, and more! Thanks for getting us to over 500,000 views everyone! Twitter @Van46Digital! Learn your Canadian Dance Moves with this...
3
3

Matching Curves ...
The curved cabinets were easy ... getting the table saw, table saw sled, and outfeed table to match was the tough part: )
4
4

Re: Saga of the Sofa Table - end assemblies
Pre-finishing parts before glue-up, particularly with that many spindles/parts, can really save time ...
9
9

Advice on squeeking squirrelcage motor
I posted a picture of the squirrelcage motor in my homemade "air filtration system" with 18x24" filters. The motor has started to make a high pitched squeeking noise, and the center circular pieces in...
24
24

Crown molding question
I screwed up cutting the last piece of a particular profile for a repair job, and the client has no more scrap long enough. Can't find the exact profile for the 15" piece I need. This stuff is solid...
7
7

What is it? Set 460
A new set has been posted, I'm not going to be able to post the answers until Sunday.
18
18

Table saw on 220 vs 110 volts
8
8

How to Re-saw 9" On a 14" Bandsaw Without a Riser.
I needed to re-saw an 8-1/2"x8' section of the 3/4" bamboo plywood I'm using for our bathroom(s) remodel to end up with a thinner piece to veneer the side of a cabinet. I have an old Jet 14" bandsaw...
21
21