3/4" roundover, 1/4" shank router bit?

Have I not Googled with enough intensity? Does this animal exist? Perhaps a 1/4" shank is insufficient for a bit of this size. Dave

Reply to
Interious

That may be the case. I assume you are using a 3/4" radius on some thicker wood and not trying to round over a piece of 3/4" wood and want a radius of about half that. This is a good excuse to move up to a new router with 1/2" collet.

I've heard of people buying the wrong bit because they were not thinking right when they wanted to put a roundover on a 3/4" thick board. Not me, of course, I've just heard stories about it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yup, if you're milling a piece of 3/4" quarter round molding, then the

3/4 bit is what you need. Never seen one that big on a 1/4 shank though. j4
Reply to
jo4hn

A plus is most 1/2" collet routers also include a 1/4" insert so all the = old bits can still be used and you get the option of needing a whole new = set of bits. Just can't get enough of them. :)

--=20

PDQ

Reply to
PDQ

Yep

You won't get one...and if you do then it won't last long.

Cheers

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas

I think I may heard of the same people...

Reply to
Robatoy

5/8 radius is as big as I can find ( CMT-838.445.11 ) Even that is a bit big for such a small shaft. Wear a leather apron.
Reply to
Robatoy

The bit would be at least 1-3/4" wide. IMHO that is too big for a 1/2" shank bit.

Reply to
Leon

Oups, that should be too big for a 1/4" shaft.

Reply to
Leon

Ed-

3/4" radius on the front of a loudspeaker cabinet. Dave
Reply to
Interious

Time for a new router. Poor me! I may as well ask for suggestions. Dave

Reply to
Interious

Interious wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

and then start thinking about budget, and how else you might use the tool.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

This is your logical place to check such things:

answer is NO for these folks who produce more than anybody else....

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thanks to all for your advice. Dave

Reply to