2x6" diamond sharpening stones??

Has anyone tried these? They're all over Ebay and available from Amazon thru Grizzly for about $12-14 (set of three fine, medium, coarse). I'm just looking for a quick, easy, cheap way to keep my chisels sharp while on the job. I've always used a large stone, but it's old and not so flat as it used to be. I've seen these diamond 'stones' for sale, but never tried one.

Thanks

Reply to
Gary

my knock about sharpening stone (the one in my pocket when I'm on site) is a small diamond stone I got at a sporting goods store in the late eighties. still works fine. the ebay/grizzly ones I can't attest to personally. I assume you are referring to:

is the same thing as:
will probably work fine and last a long time if you don't abuse them. note that the finest grit is 360- a bit rough for a real fine edge. Bridger

Reply to
Bridger

I have a set and they are just OK. The "fine" is still pretty course (a 360 I thnk). Great for flattening my waterstones and for grinding a new bevel on a chisel, but they will not get anything sharp.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

I think HF has the same set for ~$7. I use the fine with my veritas file jointer to hone my scrapers before I burnish.

Montyhp

Reply to
Montyhp