20" Grizzly Planer

Hello....

I'm the current holder of my Father-in-laws 20" Grizzly planer with a

3hp 220v motor. That's the good news. The bad news is, I don't have 220 in my shop and won't be adding it anytime soon.

He's decided that instead of let it sit, we should sell it, so before I put it in the local paper I thought I'd offer it up here and see if anyone is interested.

Right before I took possession of it last labor day (they sold their home and are now full time RV'ers) he had a brand new 3 hp motor installed. The planer is around 5 years old and is in great shape. There is an extra set of blades for it and I also have the guides for setting them in.

He's asking $800 OBO. It's in the Harrisburg, PA area.

If you're interested, just drop me an email at bremen68#verizon.net

Just put an @ in place of the #

Thanks.

Reply to
bremen68

Oh man, that seems like a huge shame.. Why can't you add 220? It's not that difficult, especially if you have two slots open on your breaker box. It would break my heart to give up a machine like that.

Reply to
bf

Not so much the how to, as the expense side... To get the 220 to the shop, I'd have to run either overhead or undergroud wire. With the price of wire it's just too much for the budget for the gain. I'd be running near 150-175 feet of wire. So rather than let it sit and collect dust and rust... I'll make do with my 12.5" Delta planer. :-)

Reply to
bremen68

"bremen68" wrote in news:1155579507.077213.226700 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

I put electric out to my shop and the power company ran it overhead for free. I had to buy the meter box, etc. and get a "green tag" from the city which cost me $35.00 but the rest was no charge.

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler