Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Something really different
Do not know of anything more bizarre than this has cross my eyes. Cue the dueling Banjos. Get this domain name before someone else does. Quick and painless shopping. Affordable payment options...
3
3

Blast from the Past
I've been re-reading some of my old FWW magazines. An issue from 1994 told the readers about the existence of rec.woodworking. A quote from the article: "...things forbidden on rec.woodworking are...
21
21

Opinions, Please
What retail value would you estimate for this auction Lot? Sonny http://irsauctions.com/popups/bidders_paddle.asp?lot=327967&auction=O1PTVII6PFIWK27FM77HBSMS114339&id=19143...
18
18

Protecting an etched/painted concrete paver
My son has etched and painted a concrete paver for a grave marker for his dog. He's covered his work with an acrylic sealer. Anything further he should do to protect his work from the elements? Larry

The benefits of being a tool junkie
OK, I'm doing some repairs on a shed built by the previous owner of this house. It uses the garage as one wall, and most of the shed wall on one end had to be replaced. So I'm in the process of...
2
2

Level twice, bolt once
Silly me, assuming that the shed I'm fixing had been built plumb. But I did find out why the sill plate was so remarkably well rotted. The shed uses the garage as one wall. The idiot who built it...

irwin quick grip fix
Open the case by removing the screws, add a 2 mm steel suplement betwen de front pin and the levers (three levers), this action increase de angle of them, aditionaly pull the inferior spring and...

Flooring Q
I am curious if anyone has put vinyl plank flooring over osb. Recently we removed sheet vinyl from two rooms to find it was laid over osb and not glued down. It was there for almost twenty years, flat...
52
52

ridgid planer fixed
my 13-inch thickness planer was "skipping" as it fed thru a 12-inch maple plank; each stop-point had a crosswise divot, too deep to sand away. Took apart the left end (where the roller-drive chains...
2
2

How to calculate the beams' sections for a pine shed
Hi, I want to make a pine shed supported by 4 pillars but I am in doubt regarding the rectangular sections I should use for the beams. The structure has the following design (floor plan):...
1
1

The Fawn
Heard a loud cry today, saw a fawn thrashing by the Forsythias. Looked at it, went back inside heard the same noise. The fawn was taken by a Bobcat.

Particle Board screws
What kind of screws should I use to connect a metal bracket to 3/4"-thick particle board? (The screws must not go all the way through the particle board). (The original screws are blunt -- not pointed...
8
8

Particle Boad screws
What kind of screws should I use to connect a metal bracket to 3/4"-thick particle board? (The original screws are blunt -- they are not pointed (like a wood-screw) -- and the threads look more...
44
44

Re: test
woodchucker wrote in news:srWdnQWnBKnz4z3InZ2dnUU7- Haven't seen any either. Project updates, anyone? Puckdropper
5
5

Rigid 4330/4331
Anyone have one of these planers? If you want a new set of blades for the cost of shipping them to you (actual cost) send me a PM and I will get them to you. Mine died just after I bought a new set...