ridgid planer fixed

my 13-inch thickness planer was "skipping" as it fed thru a 12-inch maple plank; each stop-point had a crosswise divot, too deep to sand away.

Took apart the left end (where the roller-drive chains are) and found that the outfeed roller's bearing block was toasted -- had worn into oblong shape and caused the roller to jump every few revolutions. Ordered a replacement and re-assembled with the block rotated 180. The darn thing ran right and I finished the job.

Don't be afraid to mechanic yer toys.

JRHannum

Reply to
JRHannum

Before I put them in the trash, do you want the set of three new blades I have for this planer? If so, just reply and we will work out how to do make it work.

There is supposed to be a way to send and anonymous e-mail on Google+ but I cannot make the link work (actually do not see it in the drop down)

Reply to
Dr. Deb

have for this planer? If so, just reply and we will work out how to do make it work.

cannot make the link work (actually do not see it in the drop down)

oh, yes; never throw anything away--put them a mailing tube and send to me -- use snipped-for-privacy@aol.com to get my address and work out a payment. Thanks.

Reply to
JRHannum