15" Dayton Bandsaw

The Dayton bandsaw someone described, asking whether the gear box too oil or grease, uses grease.

Reply to
Charles Self

Thanks. I noticed the gear box seems to be a bit noisy (even after greasing). I can also feel quite a bit of backlash on drive side when spinning the drive shaft by hand. Is this normal? It feels smooth, but sounds a bit rattley. I tried to take the gear box apart to see what I could see, but could only slide the front cover off about 1/4". I don't want to create a repair job if one is not needed.

Reply to
lens

I don't have one of these saws. I just asked the guy who imports them. I'm not sure he'd have info on backlash and noise. Sorry.

Did it come with any kind of manual? I can ask him about that. In fact, I will, as soon as I change from AT&T to AOL.

Reply to
Charles Self

OK. I'm told they do have the manuals, so if you want to email me--charliediy at aol dot com---with your address, I'll ask them to send you one. Let's hope they're right!

Reply to
Charles Self