Subject Author Posted Replies

April Tool's Day!
5.11 Tactical USED to do a similar spoof every April Fool's Day. About 7 or 8 years ago they rolled out a "Tactical Kilt" as a joke. The laugh was on them as they were flooded with orders. It then...
7
7

April Fools Day product, maybe????
Wish I knew why I no longer get the April Fools product email from Lee Valley. Thanks for putting the link up.
15
15

Re: A: How to glue polyethylene or polypropylene
"'ajde" wrote in news:ndled8$nfr$ Yeah, that may be a new record for a pointless response to an ancient post. John
1
1

Pull Saw
Unless the switch is from the Stanley-class to a _good_ Dozuki, of course... :) But, they do have advantages as outlined
12
12

cheap tracksaw
I went though the same sort of decision process five years ago, or so. I decided that the difference in price between the three was insignificant and the Festool was more flexible with more...
23
23

DustCutterMS Procust Tester!
Hmmm.... good catch. I had forgotten that years ago I bought a "universal dust bag" for my tools because the dust ports were different sizes and not all tools came with their own bag. The "universal"...
15
15

flat bottom forstner bits
Just stop. Stop digging the hole. It's embarrassing. I've drilled hundreds, yes, hundreds of holes that size and larger with a handheld battery and corded drills with holes saws. That thing you showed...
58
58

Raspberry Pi Case
Haven't you seen signs in the country and back woods - nation wide! If it isn't the hunters shooting holes in signs to sight in, it is the drive by fun loving redneck that throws a bottle into it or...
77
77

To you woodworking magazine hoarders out there
Thanks, Sonny. As I said in another post, it seems that I might have just bought the plans from Viking Mountain, but there's some question about whether they were actually out of stock when I placed...
23
23

want to sell 1943 craftsman table saw runs great
Details?
1
1

new store every three days
not sure if the banner at the bottom of hf home page has always been there or not but it say a new store opens every three days now that is market penetration

New Project Garage Cabinets
This morning I added the 2x3 base, tucked up inside the bottom cavity. You see about 1/2" of it at the bottom. I also added 4 HD adjustable screw feet so that the cabinet does not sit on the garage...
6
6

Master Workbench
Electric Comet was heard to mutter: True I can relate to that. Not mine normally either.
14
14

New Festool Jobsite Track saw
Cool saw that easily cut repeated angles. At the JLC Live event in Providence, Tools of the Trade senior editor Chris Ermides got a look at a new circular saw from Festool
1
1

small gauge staple guns
There are certainly manual staplers out there which call themselves "narrow crown" but they seem to be 27/64" (nice even number that) which doesn't seem to be all that narrow to me. Not cheap either...
2
2