Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Tim Allen Autographed Hammer and Wood Case ebay
why only one why not a few

Transparent Wood
A transparent wood material claimed to be suitable for mass production could replace windows and solar panels in the future, say researchers at Stockholm's KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
13
13

Krazy Glue
I've been reading a post made recently about a person wanting to glue a chair back together that isn't exactly a tight fit. I'm not advocating this as a fix for his chair but it was a reminder to me...
1
1

Lew Hodgett
Thanks for finding that, Ed. He had a pretty good run. Pity he didn't live to see the gas prices crash though.
29
29

HEPA Shop Vac Comparison
With a kill filter
6
6

OT - Beads of Courage
Saw a presentation at a woodturning event last night from a charity, Beads of Courage, that was looking for donations of boxes and bowls to contain beads. They give beads to kids who are undergoing...
4
4

ff's is soft or hard maple preferred.
... Yeah, it's kinda' like cherry but not quite so much so. If painting, there's no reason at all to use hard maple and even poplar is probably "hard enough" to avoid all but the worst of abuse. I've...
55
55

what happened to Grizzly in PA?
woodchucker wrote in news:ib-dnV4tTK3WZ57KnZ2dnUU7- Thought it was only a mile or two from I-180? Anyway, you're right that by far the bulk of what they received would be intermodal containers from...
34
34

Adhesive for "less than snug" dowel?
I recently had a number of pieces appraised at my house, pieces that came from SWMBO's grandmother. My sister recently had a number of pieces appraised at her house, pieces that came from our...
41
41

Another artisanal market I missed out on...
"Also available in small batch"? Really??? Small batch? Another hilarious video. Loved it. I am sending it to my woodworking buds tonight! Robert
6
6

Finish nail
I have a finish nail gun that use 15 gauge 35 degree finish nails can I use 15 gauge 34 degree finish nails without damage to my nail gun
3
3

Woodworker's rule plaque
That reminds me of my most recent tattoo: http://thatsideoftheinternet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/nailed-it1.jpg
11
11

Syracuse in Houston
Hey - you guys down in Houston - are you watching the Final Four, and rooting for Syracuse?
5
5

Re : Re: A : How to glue polyethyline or polypropyleene
the real answer depends on the use case and the type of bond needed if it is a one time thing then there are good solutions that are cheap if it is something you have to do a lot then i think...

April Tool's Day!
5.11 Tactical USED to do a similar spoof every April Fool's Day. About 7 or 8 years ago they rolled out a "Tactical Kilt" as a joke. The laugh was on them as they were flooded with orders. It then...
7
7