12" BANDSAW

ANYONE KNOWS THE VALUE OF A 12" CRAFTSMAN BAND SAW MOD # 113243401 IN GOOD SHAPE ALSO A DRILL PRESS NO NAME BUT "UL" DRILL PRESS, 16 SPEED MOD # 510-459 CAP 5/8", MFG. DATE 1985-8

Reply to
GREGORY TOBIN

Buying or selling? I'd not pay more than $50 for a 12", but I'd sell it for about $100.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I couple of years ago, I bought a 1960's vintage Craftsman 12" bandsaw for $100. I put another $100 or so and a few hours of work into fixing it up (new tires, guides, missing blade guard, that sort of stuff). Plus $75 for an assortment of good (Timberwolf) blades, which really made the saw into a different machine.

It's still underpowered (1/3 HP motor), but it's easy to re-motor should I ever feel the need. For now, I've got a useful machine that fills most of my needs for not a lot of money.

Reply to
Roy Smith

+++++++++++++++++++++++ I have owned a Craftsman 12 in band saw since the late 60's... its a functional machine for what I do ... However I am just about to pull the trigger and buy a newer, larger, machine...

As such I was thinking about just how much mine was worth... and honestly 50 to 100 bucks was the figure I came up with and that sounds like what the others concluded also... and mine is in Perfect Working order ...and is used almost every day or two in the shop...

It just can not resaw very well...and that is something I have never had much of a need to do...BUT an upcoming project (honey please make for me project) is going to require sawing ...the 12 in Craftsman can not handle the expected task...

After 40 years of almost trouble free use the saw owes me nothing...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.