Subject Author Posted Replies

Are bandsaw guides meant to look like this?
The upper guides on my bandsaw look like this: am wondering about the protrusion in the middle of the guide which can also be seen here: that be there or is it just a result of poor manufacturing...
4
4

Candidate For 2007 Idiot Of The Year Award - Me (and it's only Jan 7th)
I would have except mine happened on Dec. 30.......I was showing my grown son how effective a wire wheel on a grinder was for removing rust from old tools.....The grinder was new (no home yet) and...
20
20

grain direction conundrum
My SO has asked me to build her a dining room table with a messy pattern of wood (look in abpw for drawing). I'd rather not use veneer preferring to use solid wood (it'll be heavy). The grain...
2
2

Woodworking at Home DVD
Has anyone heard if Woodworking at Home magazine is having problems? My son usually gets me a subscription for Christmas. He said he cannot get in touch with them this year. Thanks, Ted
7
7

Unbending wood?
I have had 8" wide 6/4 viraro in my basement for about 6 months. Friday I jointed, planed, and cut a piece into three 1.25x2.5x34 pieces. Saturday I went to roundover the edges and found one of the...
3
3

Miter cuts with left hand chop saw
I have a DeWalt model DW 7231 that will only swivel to left. I had the advantage of learning to make crown miter cuts on a chop saw with left-right swivel and miter sets. How do I use the 7231 to make...
1
1

Router OK?
I bought my first non-plunge router. It's a Porter-Cable. To move the bit up and down, one loosens a lever and turns the base. Mine doesn't seem to be right. When I loosen the lever, the base begins...
3
3

OT - Online sharing of self written texts / manuals?
Hi group First of all, sorry to those who consider this spam... But maybe some people here might be interessted in the idea of sharing their knowledge online. On .com its possible to up- and download...

Info on Sand Blaster
Folks, Looking for some insight a good sand blaster. I have 6 - 100+ year old mantels that I want to restore. I was thinking that sand blasting might be the best way to get thru all of the layers of...
5
5

Setting up a workshop
HI to all I need some help as to what tools i should buy first as i am in the process of setting up a workshop. I have all the basics eg, Screwdrivers, squares, tapes, handsaws. i will be making...
16
16

Where to buy a 8'long 1"' wide Tape Measure
Has anyone seen such a tape.? The smallest I have found is a 16'. I don't need a 16' tape in the shop but I like the 1" wide with the fraction marks. Ted
12
12

HF Cabinet Saw
Just got a new Harbor Freight catalog, and a new item is their cabinet saw. $1099.99 3HP 220V 50" right, 10" left, "premium fence" Seasoned and machined cast iron table Personally, I'd buy...

Sandblasting wood
As an experiment, I've bought a Badger Mini Sandblaster kit with the intention of grain to produce an 'interesting' surface on the tops and sides of small boxes. I'm concerned about the risk of...
6
6

need info on : how to install glazier points (framing)
I have am framing pictures and have bought some "Moore Glazier Points". They are in a "T" shape that actually looks like 3 little prongs. I have the wood frame (glass removed) and want to know how to...
5
5

Toolcase prototype finished
A while back I had posted about and idea I was trying to come up with for a portable toolcase. Well I finished the prototype a few weeks ago and finally got around to posting the pictures here: 'd...
5
5