Subject Author Posted Replies

Auctions and used woodworking equipment sources Washington State?
Looking for a good source of older machines to restore for my home shop in Washington state? Thanks, John.
2
2

HEAVY MACHINE
I am buying a metal lathe. It weighs 560 lbs. what would be the easiest way to raise it to the heighth needed to place it on a work bench. Thanks to all. Smitty
13
13

Rail and Stile
Do any of the rail and stile router bits allow for using stock greater than 7/8" in thickness? Do any of the "reversible" single router rail and stile bits work so conveniently that the bit elevation...
3
3

FS: Linear Motion Components by THK, Thomson, & Reid-Ashton
Rico, All the rolling bases were picked up this weekend. I agree they were probably worth a lot more, based on the number of inquiries. I've taken your advice and put up a small sampling of stuff on...
5
5

Where are the Grizzly vendors?
Why don't you consider visiting one of Grizzly's 3 show rooms? The shipping savings is worth a couple hundred mile drive. I always drive to the Springfield, Mo show room from Springfield, IL. I bought...
12
12

WW Show - a Good Experience - for once
Went to the Chantilly, VA show Saturday. Got married - for the 5 minutes it took to get in as "bring a spouse free", with a divorce once we crossed the ticket taking threshold. Initially, the show was...
1
1

finish for cedar chest
i'm finishing a cedar chest. is it advisable to put a few coats of tung oil on, then finish with shellac or lacquer on top of the tung oil? has anybody finished cedar like this and had good or bad...
1
1

New woodworking show
PBS has a new show that your PBS station can broadcast. The show is called Woodworking Together and features the very first woman to host a true woodworking show. You can see a preview here:...
7
7

Help with this plane!
Hi all! I'm looking to buy a plane here in Argentina. I seem to believe that it's a Bailey 1 Smoothing plane, but I'm not sure... I never really saw one of those. The vendor doesn't know much about...
6
6

Construction adhesive for 'fine' furniture?
I'm building a couple of cabinets. Nothing special, just nice boxes using oak ply and trimming it with 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, and some 1/4 x 2 lattice. Given my aversion to nail holes, I decided to use glue...
4
4

Woodworking shows - Houston area
Is there anything to these? I've never been to one, and it looks like there's a show at the end of the month in Houston - that's within 100 miles and the closest civilization to the rice paddy I live...
5
5

realistic blade width on Steel City 18" bandsaw?
I recently bought the bandsaw mentioned in the subject, and I'm looking at blades. Does anyone have any experience with what this saw is realistically able to tension? Do they exaggerate on the large...
1
1

Planer problems
I was planing some southern yellow pine that used to be stair treads. It was in a house for 75 years. I get terrible tear out, sometimes big chips ripped out. I've had similar problems with other...
9
9

Starter scroll saw.
Dewalt 788 is nice, BUT $419. What else is there that will do the job of a beginner around 200/250 range. Yeah, I know, "cry once...." Thanks for the input.
5
5

Re: Getting Free Groceries, Merchandise, Etc.
As amazing as it may sound many people do not realize how easy it is to LEGALLY stop paying for their groceries! This is how the one hour television show began for the company whose website is at: I...