Subject Author Posted Replies

Beginner - how to best reinforce butt joint
(Disclaimer, I know nothing about wood working). I'm installing a new butcher block kitchen countertop (oak) and will be butt joining 2 sections in the corner (90 degrees, no miter). I had planned to...
5
5

Place to order flush mounted hinges in Canada similar to these?
Hi, anyone know a place in Canada that I can mail order or a place in Toronto that I can buy hinges similar to the following: Your best source for high quality & innovative woodworking tools,...
7
7

Granite Tile countertop dilemma
The countertop is 25.5" deep, the tiles are 12" square with (virtually) no grout between. How does one make up that extra 1.5"? I thought of running a strip of the ~1" sq. glass tiles (that are going...
18
18

wood finish suggestions
I have a large (800 sq ft) covered porch with 1 x 4 tg clear fir flooring. I'm in the process of refinishing it and would like to go with a clear finish. It's in the pacific north west so it gets wet...
1
1

50" vs 30" fence for a table saw
I am in the process of purchasing a table saw. It was highly recommended to me to get the 50" fence option. However, this puts the overall width of the saw at about 80". I have limited space, but...
33
33

Locating threaded-unthreaded rod
Hi, I'm trying to locate some 5/8" steel rod - threaded for about 5" and unthreaded for about 3" - for a total of 8" long. thread required is 11 threads per inch. The rod is to replace the elevation...
11
11

Cleaning Water from painting disposal
We are having a new home build in Vermont. This house will be sited in an area where septic systems and wells are used extensively. We will be doing some of the interior finish painting (latex only)...
6
6

Glaze over stain cabinet detail
Could someone recommend a method to reproduce the stain on Medallion cabinets which have a wheat stain and a chocolate glaze in the corners. I have no idea as to what's involved in the glazing. Also...
1
1

moderators needed
Hi all we are a new forum which is about downloading all what you are looking for and much more ipbfree.com

Good router bits?
Folks, I want to make some raised panel cabinets. Any suggestions on the router bits. Some of them cost fortune, which I don't want. I checked ebay for used ones, but can't trust. thanks, DJ
21
21

bendable wood
I will be dusting off and using my old copper steam wood bender this summer. I know cherry, maple and walnut lend themselves well to steam bending, BUT what other woods, including EXOTICS steam bend...
11
11

cost of glue
A few recent threads have got me thinking about the cost of glues I use in furniture-making. Several things I've read (here and elsewhere) have mentioned that one of the "drawbacks" of Titebond III...
10
10

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmmm
Quick - think of a contractor's saw! OK - router table! Plunge Router! Mortiser! Depending on what country you're living in, the mental image you have of each of the above items may be significantly...
1
1

WOW !! - Wixey Table Saw Fence Gauge
I just installed Wixey's new Table Saw Fence Gauge on my saw last week, and I'm truely impressed. I can now easily position the rip fence accurately and repeat those positions any time that I want to....
1
1

Making a Harp/Other Musical Instruments
I've just ordered plans and the hardware kit for making a lap harp. I'm going to make the wooden parts myself using curly cherry. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good source for the cherry? Also,...
17
17