Latest threads in Watershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

What causes air in water pipes and the resulting loud noise when water is turned on
No further details provided

how to find underground water pipes
water line between house and street has a leak. the water is coming out of the ground but the pipe is nowhere to be found. Where is the pipe ? There has to be a red line drawing or as built I would...

how do you remove the brass lock nut off the bottom of the faucet
the brass locking nut will not come off the the three lines coming out of the faucet. Glacier bay extendable faucet.

rainsoft ec4 not auto regenerating, how many gallons has to run through before auto generation starts and is their a way to reset.
I have a Rainsoft water conditioner with seperate salt tank, I am having a problem with it self regenerating. So before I manually regenerated the ppm was around 250 ppm (or 14 grains) CA Hardness. I...

Why does the shut off valve and pipe (in Wall)behind my toilet bang only when I turn it on ?
I't doesn't happen during normal use ...

Water to kitchen faucet/spayer and dishwasher won't run.
I had this problem a few weeks ago, but it I thought it resolved itself. It started by me trying to spray the sprayer to my kitchen faucet and the sink would make loud sounds while trying to use the...

I have water seeping out of my mortar in between my bricks. These bricks are located 8 feet under my basement. I live on a steep hill.
What is the source of this water? These bricks are well below my sump pump. And my sump pump has never turned on because it is so high above the ground.

What causes black algae in water lines? The water comes from a municipal water supply.
A black gooey substance (assume black algae) builds up in our shower heads and faucets. The water has been tested and found to be satisfactory, but the black goo continues to build up. Help !!

Should I change the injector if I change the jet pump?
I have a 35 year old Duro Niagra pump that has started having problems getting up to 50 PSI. I have adjusted the cut-off pressure to the max the pump will now generate. I know that this is a sign of...

my plastic hydroponics system is leaking at some of the joints where the irrigation pipes exit the reservoir. what can I use?
No further details provided
2
2

where in nova scotia can we buy a decorative lighthouse to cover our wellhead?
No further details provided

I understand how the water softener works but how do I know what hardness number to use
No further details provided

Water Pressure
Is the valve just before the water meter able to adjust water pressure?
4
4

Does epoxy lining work on relining pipes?
My Home owners association is about to either replace or reline our water pipes, do to pin hole leaks. Pipes are almost 50 years old there are many patches. To replace the the pipes is 2.5 times the...

water pipe in bathtub makes very loud noise but when switched to the shower it stops
When we run the water to fill the tub it makes an extremely loud noise. As soon as we switch it to the shower the noise stops. Any suggestions.
2
2