how can I cap off a 1 1/2

I have leak in one of the one pipe steam system and I would like to cut pipe and cap it. The reason I want to cut pipe is
because its very old and will probably do more damage to the system. I want to repair it later but for now I would like
to cap it off. My question or questions are is there a metal unthreaded cap , and would a rubber cap work? The pipe is
1 1/2". Thanks for your help Hank.....
Reply to
Hank johnson
Absolutely, just cut it and rubber cap both sides of the cut. You want to keep air out of the system whenever possible, to avoid internal rusting.
Reply to

Site Timeline Threads

HomeOwnersHub website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.