water pipes vibrate whenever water is turned on. stops when water is turned off.new pr, new pex piping.

bought an old house (1942) installed new pex plumbing and all new fixtures. also a new pressure regulator. found I had a nearly plugged main water line, so replaced it with pex. when i replaced the main line i had to relocate the regulator. now the whole system; pipes and all; vibrate very loudly whenever any water supply fixture is turned on. I can eliminate it if i turn the faucet being used to minimal flow. the pressure is set at 50psi.and has been tested at that level. I am nearly convinced that the regulator may have been damaged by the rust in the old galvanized main water line that i replaced. but I would like someones opinion before replacing the regulator. thanks for the help in advance!

Reply to
rick