How do I stop water knocking in the kitchen faucet when the aerator is attached?

How do I stop water knocking only in the kitchen sink faucet? The problem goes away when I remove the aerator from this faucet. There is no visible obstruction in the aerator when I completely disassemble it. I have tried turning the water off and draining the lines, then restoring the water flow to no avail.

Reply to
Joseph S