Subject Author Posted Replies

HONEYWELL ST799 CENTRAL HEATING CONTROLLER / PROGRAMMER
Hello all... My Honeywell ST799 Programmer is problematic! I can no longer use HOT WATER alone, but only the CENTRAL HEATING programme switches on th e boiler. Also, when I attempt to programme in the...
9
9

prices
TLC: Danlers TWSW £19.65 + VAT CPC: Danlers TWSW £28.06 + VAT Bill
5
5

Outfox the market energy suppliers?.
That must be one hell of a deal you have or a strange usage level or a strange location because at typical 'low' dual fuel usage (OFGEM TDCV 8000kWh Gas 1900kWh electricity) they are pricing at around...
57
57

3D printing a concrete house?
Interesting technology. Although billed as a 3D printer I think the main technological advance is the concrete which can be laid from a nozzle and keep its shape. It must set very quickly as well to...
18
18

Sizing expansion vessel
For the boiler primary circuit relief valve there is no actual requirement for a tundish (there is no mains water contamination risk), and you also have other indications that the system has lost...
18
18

Painting uPVC - ?
We just had some replacement uPVC windows installed. All other windows in the house have a sill beneath the window, which is tiles, painted Tile Red, using floor tiles paint. Is it inadvisable to...
23
23

Tight-beam light or light fitting wanted
Think outside the box - UV source and fluorescent white gloves and waistcoat :) :)
12
12

Deep discharge battery suppliers?
You can improve winter yields a bit with some white reflectors. NT
49
49

Leaving a CH System Drained
How long is it 'safe' to leave a system drained? I drained the sealed 12 radiator combi system down completely yesterday, isolating only the boiler, meaning to add a radiator and replace a couple of...
7
7

What is happening with these electrics?
Yes, I noticed this 'voluntary' recall Probably less painful than a cattle prod though :-)
50
50

TRV adapter?
This is slightly difficult to explain. I've just bought a Honeywell TRV head (TRH4M30WBG) to fit to a valve that previously had another make of head on it. The thread (30mm) is correct but the central...
4
4

LED wattage
A spotlight is supposed to produce a bright spot. If you don't want one then don't use a spotlight.
50
50

Microwave repair
Universal motors of the type I'm describing have brushes. I don't recall seeing one in a dishwasher but I've not looked at many so that isn't conclusive.
40
40

Replacing copper HW tank.
If it's in a cupboard the space can be packed with junk insulation, avoiding any flex feeding he immersion. If no cupboard it's easy to construct a flimsy outer wrap that can be stuffed with...
42
42

Hail to the king baby
Just swapped my headlight bulb in under 10 minutes. The drivers side one with the fuse box in the way.
10
10