Subject Author Posted Replies

Gluing treated wood
Is it possible to glue wood surface-treated with mangers creocote, using evostick polyurethane wood adhesive? I shall nail and screw the join as well, but would I just be wasting glue?
3
3

OT: Brakes seizing on electric cars? (2024 Update)
Kinda insane, since if you've never driven a manual, you're gonna be a bit dangerous. There's some funny rules here about weight. If I hire a van and put more than a certain amount in the back,...
232
232

Ant problem in paviours
How to get rid of them which is the best method? When I google the problem is is id 99% American information, even when i specify UK!
13
13

Crittall window question
I've been re-furbishing* some of my 1930s Crittall windows and am ready to refit them into the wooden frames, but I'm unsure about one aspect. When I removed the windows the U-shaped outer channels...
12
12

£145 for an 'anti-vibration' 1 metre means lead
And not even made by Russ Andrews, ... A snip for all those people on furlough Andrew A new screened mains power cable, the Eos dd utilises technology similar to that found in the EOS 4dd (HFC 415)....
15
15

Why are people buying clamshells of impact drivers?
Why are people buying clamshells of impact drivers? Isn't it always the mechanism that breaks? Find great deals on eBay for impact driver clamshell. Shop with confidence.
2
2

Windows 10 funny.
My windows 10 has suddenly developed duplicity. It has double file explorer, task manager amongst others. Is there anyway of removing them?
14
14

OT: Barclays online.
Just tried to use Barclays online to pay a bill - to a new payee. Where with Barclay's online, you need to use their Pinsentry device. Used it many times before with Win7/Firefox until upgrading to...
17
17

Big hole in wall but it doesn't fall down?
You'll have to watch this during daylight hours. Notice the enormous hole in the wall, yet there's a restaurant running above it?! What's holding that up? Beautiful view of the beach and the old...
11
11

OT'ish: Is anyone here knowledgeable about types of 2-stroke hover mowers?
I'm looking for a good used 2-stroke hover mower to cope with a steep grassed bank, but I can't find anything that lists and describes the old Flymo models. The models that I've seen on fleabay are...
15
15

Up & Over garage door adjustments?
I live in a small community. We all have garages with the same type of sheet metal up and over doors. Mine stops opening easily at about 2 thirds open but I'm fairly content to use a walking stick to...
8
8

Providing power for built in Microwave
I need to provide a power connection for a built in microwave oven going in to the same tower unit housing the conventional oven is in. The microwave o ven will require a FSU which will be within the...
1
1

OT: Ponchos?
Hi all, When we go dog walking I typically carry a daysack containing both our waterproof jackets and other bits. [1] My jacket is 100% waterproof but quite heavy (like a h/d Pack-a-mac) and hers...
17
17

hole in petrol tank...
what is the best stuff to patch a hole in a petrol tank ?
42
42

Quinetic switches are strange
I have a 2-gang Quinetic switch in the lounge. One side is for the ceiling light, the other for the wall lights. One evening about 6 months ago - and 3 months after it was fitted - the ceiling light...
11
11