Subject Author Posted Replies

OT. Sim cards for Spain
I will be spending quite a bit of time in Spain but not enough to bother with a Spanish bank account. Out there for 2 months or so at a time. Anyone know of any PAYG sims better than Hits Mobile? I...
2
2

spirit levels
Hi, Does the group have any recommendations for a good spirit level, or any tales of bad spirit levels best to avoid? I ask because some years ago, I bought a 4' level from Screwfix. It was a cheap,...
37
37

Dishwashers
What makes the little door that holds the detergent back flip open? Ours has stopped doing it, (i.e. still closed and full at the end of a cycle) so I'm wondering if there's a reasonable fix (e.g....
15
15

LightwaveRF Home Automation?
Just had an email from Screwfix, extolling the virtues of LightwaveRF Home Automation - including remote control over the internet. got any experience of this? Is it any good? I can't quite work out...
1
1

Back Room
That's the AV cabinet over the stairs finished. I want to keep the woody look about it, not paint it. It's partly MDF and wood. Anybody got any suggestions for a finish on MDF? I suppose I could just...
9
9

More gash plumbing
We decided the plumbing here was gash very soon after we moved in 2.5 years ago. Today, work started redoing SWMBO's bathroom; the ceiling was removed first cos the boiler chimney is in the corner of...
5
5

Part P and garden electrics
anyone spot any errors? blagdonthepondmasters.co.uk
19
19

Electric heating for shop - storage heaters or what ?
HI Folks Regular readers may remember that we're running a small art / craft retail outlet (on a shoestring). Thanks for the suggestions about reducing the cost of lighting - we've made some savings...
39
39

Sage paint for timber shed
SWMBO wants her shed to look a little more "pretty" than a nice tanalised wooden structure. Her preference is for a sage colour; any recommendations as to which brand / style of exterior paint will be...
3
3

STFU and be happy.
4
4

OT: Kids today....
I'm sure if I saw your daughter I wouldn't be thinking "kid"!!
35
35

Basement drain - block it up?
There is a culvert near our property and a drain in our basement. Under heavy rain, water will occasionally come up the drain. In the past the amount has been small, a minor inconvenience with a mop,...
3
3

Rail for dry towels only?
Mine's stainless steel.
6
6

The House the 50s Built pt 4
Pergolas in the 1950s?
8
8

Wanna popup - go to Simply Scuba
While looking around for diving stuff the other evening, one of the sites I visited was Simply Scuba. I now have an annoying popup advertising their site following me around the web So ... watch it !
11
11