HELP! Honeywell ST699 programmer wont turn off

i have one of these

problem is it wont turn off, even when the switches are in the off position.

The lights stay on and the boiler is constantly running.

Can it be repaired? Or would a replacement solve the issue?

Close to tears right now, im spending £10 a day on gas.

Money i can ill afford to waste....please help

Reply to
Pheam

Possibly assuming one or both of relays has welded its contacts together= . Are you sure it's not just thrown a wobbly? Have you done the "factory reset" procedure?

Unless you have the electronics skills to make the correct selection of =

relay, remove the old and fit the new it's probably better to replace.

There should be a overall switch somewhere to turn the entire heating/hotwater system off, use it. Gawd, the diybanter lot are a bit dim aren't they?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Google- 911 stuck gas pedal.

Reply to
Graham.

I had this problem, but it was in fact a stuck Zone Valve on the side of the Hot Water Tank that caused it. Due to the wiring, which was done according to the schematic, if the valve is saying that it is open, then the boiler is allowed to fire. This needs the relevant wiring diagrams and some kind of voltage tester to diagnose. No need for a new anything, the valve just needed to be freed up.

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

Incorrect wiring... all the switches should be in series so all the conditions have to met before the boiler fires. So:

Supply -> Programmer -> Stat -+-> Valve Motor | +-> Valve Switch -> Boiler.

Incorrect wiring of supply to a valve switch and stuck open valve could be the problem.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Nope. The wiring was correct according to the Honeywell diagram, and the expected power route was through the program switch, then via the zone valve, and to the boiler. But when the valve stuck open, the power bypassed the programmer, and let the boiler fire. This was on a HW or CW system, which was why it had two possible power trains to the boiler. I think Plan 'C', if that makes sense. It was all done on this NG, so if the messages are still there, they can be found. I'll also try to dig it up.

Reply to
Davey

The thread is subject: Honeywell Boiler Wiring, dated 4 July 2012.

It's all in there somewhere.

Reply to
Davey

A stuck zone valve can certainly keep the heating running even when turned off at the programmer - but I wouldn't then expect to see the programmer's lights on, as reported by the OP.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yep, you're right, I do believe the lights on mine were out, as you say. But the action was as I stated.

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

Turn the boiler off when it's not needed and until it's fixed?

However, looking at the OP's email address - @diybanter.com - do we have a troll perhaps?

Probaly not a troll. Did you read the recent threads about their web site?

Reply to
ARW

Yes, that's why I wondered if it was a troll taking the whatsit.

Seems to have this web site:

polygonum

Reply to
polygonum

In message , Pheam writes

Oh dear a diybanterer

If its doable, I will repair it for you for £30 + del + VAT =>£45.60

geoff